Official DayZ Zombie Survival Thread

MaccabeanRebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The outer limits
What the basics of this game?

Is it a mmo and u just search for shyt an kill zombies?
survival sim with zombies. you have to eat, drink, and survive..there are realistic day/night cycles too. its not for everyone but if you like survival shyt and pvp then try it.

when you die you loose everything and start over so dont get attached to shyt

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
survival sim with zombies. you have to eat, drink, and survive..there are realistic day/night cycles too. its not for everyone but if you like survival shyt and pvp then try it.

when you die you loose everything and start over so dont get attached to shyt
Damn :ohhh:

Seems real harsh

Do u like lvl up or u just keep collecting shyt and upgrading?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What the basics of this game?

Is it a mmo and u just search for shyt an kill zombies?
pretty much.

i use to watch a few vids on youtube, that game provides some very unique experiences. i'll probably cop the stand alone ps4 version

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm so fukking terrible at this game. fukk these zombies that don't lose line of sight. I finally somehow found a military base, can't find a fukking weapon until I already have zombies on me and am bleeding and i don't even have the right ammo so I died. If I could just get a god damn weapon it'd make everything else easier

you gotta learn the map

http://dayzdb.com/map#2.080.092

your first priority should be getting food and water, because you spawn hungry and thirsty. water is pretty easy if you can find a water pump (you see them all over that map). find a water pump, and drink until it says "your stomach is full". then you won't have to drink for like an hour. to get food, you're probably gonna need a can opener or something sharp (you can use a knife or axe, but you lose some food that way). in the process, look for cargo pants, shirts with pockets, and backpacks. when you find food (stay away from rotten fruit), like the water, just eat as much as you can. the more you eat, the longer you can go without seeing that "you feel hungry" crap

when you get your thirst and hunger under control, head for a military area. the airfield at Balota has stuff, but it's usually cleaned out, and dangerous. my old route from Kamenka to NWAF turned into a gold mine. there's a military base north of Kamenka (SW corner of the map), and a few more north of that

oh yeah, there's zombies. try to stay away from them. if they see you, try to break their 'line of sight'. it can be tricky because they walk through fences and cheat (alpha). the axe is definitely the best melee weapon to fight them with. you can also punch them in the head, and they usually get knocked down, then you can run away. don't stick around and try to fight them with your bare hand though. it might be fun, but you'll lose a lot of blood

and don't try to drink the alcohol :whoa: that's to clean your wounds

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
you gotta learn the map

http://dayzdb.com/map#2.080.092

your first priority should be getting food and water, because you spawn hungry and thirsty. water is pretty easy if you can find a water pump (you see them all over that map). find a water pump, and drink until it says "your stomach is full". then you won't have to drink for like an hour. to get food, you're probably gonna need a can opener or something sharp (you can use a knife or axe, but you lose some food that way). in the process, look for cargo pants, shirts with pockets, and backpacks. when you find food (stay away from rotten fruit), like the water, just eat as much as you can. the more you eat, the longer you can go without seeing that "you feel hungry" crap

when you get your thirst and hunger under control, head for a military area. the airfield at Balota has stuff, but it's usually cleaned out, and dangerous. my old route from Kamenka to NWAF turned into a gold mine. there's a military base north of Kamenka (SW corner of the map), and a few more north of that

oh yeah, there's zombies. try to stay away from them. if they see you, try to break their 'line of sight'. it can be tricky because they walk through fences and cheat (alpha). the axe is definitely the best melee weapon to fight them with. you can also punch them in the head, and they usually get knocked down, then you can run away. don't stick around and try to fight them with your bare hand though. it might be fun, but you'll lose a lot of blood

and don't try to drink the alcohol :whoa: that's to clean your wounds
do items respawn or what?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
do items respawn or what?

at the moment, they only respawn on sever restart (~every 4 hours). that will change though. people spawn on the shore, and because of that it's usually best to head inland to find loot

right now the game is in a fairly early state, and there's not much 'balance' when it comes loot and weapons. there's only 3 guns, and chances are you'll only find one of them (the M4). their main concern now is that the framework for the game is stable and works. more items and balancing will come eventually. I definitely wouldn't advise getting involved in the game now if you're looking for anything that resembles a 'polished' experience

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
http://dayzgame.com/

:blessed:

F3D71F3B69BA357D1AD661650277DB0A569D276E

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221100

DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.

i just bought this shyt

anything i should do options wise to make it run better?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
i just bought this shyt

anything i should do options wise to make it run better?

turn everything down :heh:

there's currently a bug with the clouds that causes a periodic stutter, so turn those off (you'll still see clouds in the sky, but it won't render the "volumetric clouds")

ambient occlusion is a pretty big performance hit in this game, so I would turn that off

turn "object quality" down

no matter what you do, your performance probably won't be good when you're in big towns. hopefully it will get better with optimizations

welcome to DayZ :myman:

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
turn everything down :heh:

there's currently a bug with the clouds that causes a periodic stutter, so turn those off (you'll still see clouds in the sky, but it won't render the "volumetric clouds")

ambient occlusion is a pretty big performance hit in this game, so I would turn that off

turn "object quality" down

no matter what you do, your performance probably won't be good when you're in big towns. hopefully it will get better with optimizations

welcome to DayZ :myman:

i got a m4 in 10 minutes of playing

i started server hopping and collected a bunch of shyt

then some fakkit shot me for no reason, my screen is grey as shyt

:to: