Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

All Star
Daps
Are there are good exchanges/whatever for Americans with prices comparable to Mt. Gox right now? I wanted to do Coinbase but they have too many restrictions on new accounts.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Are there are good exchanges/whatever for Americans with prices comparable to Mt. Gox right now? I wanted to do Coinbase but they have too many restrictions on new accounts.

Mt.Gox prices are not market price and no you won't find these prices elsewhere.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't get why people are panicking. There's a wealth of crypto currencies out there. If bitcoin has some bug ('transaction malleability" or whatever it's called) what's to stop someone from fixing it? Bitcoin is the first of its kind and it's open source. What's to stop people from making a "Bitcoin 2.0" or whatever?

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
I don't get why people are panicking. There's a wealth of crypto currencies out there. If bitcoin has some bug ('transaction malleability" or whatever it's called) what's to stop someone from fixing it? Bitcoin is the first of its kind and it's open source. What's to stop people from making a "Bitcoin 2.0" or whatever?

they are fixing it. and it is not a hugely important problem anyway

people are panicking because they don't know what they're doing

nothing is fundamentally wrong with Bitcoin right now.

holy shyt it is crashing hard right now

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
i am sooooo tempted to buy.

i don't know what the fukk I'm doing :russ:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
If this gets anywhere near 300 im taking my rig money and buying bitcoin.

-DMP-

I wanna go to bed because I wanna wake up early but too much is going on right now. I could set a buy order but then again, shyt might go even lower !??!

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they are fixing it. and it is not a hugely important problem anyway

people are panicking because they don't know what they're doing

nothing is fundamentally wrong with Bitcoin right now.

holy shyt it is crashing hard right now

I honestly don't know dikk about economics/finance. But I have a feel the smart thing to do is buy bitcoin NOW when the price is dipping. There's alot of resentment towards Mt. Gox within the bitcoin community so I'm sure there will be more exchanges (run by competent people) in the future. By then the price will go back up to $1000 USD.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
I honestly don't know dikk about economics/finance. But I have a feel the smart thing to do is buy bitcoin NOW when the price is dipping. There's alot of resentment towards Mt. Gox within the bitcoin community so I'm sure there will be more exchanges (run by competent people) in the future. By then the price will go back up to $1000 USD.

no one know honestly

it is impossible to quantify and justify the price value of Bitcoin, how much it should really be worth. Did the utility and infrastructure around it justify the 1k price ? maybe not. Was it all a speculative bubble ? Maybe

I remain convinced of the long term potential of bitcoin but I am aware it still has a lot of growing pains and price discovery phases