Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
The thing is Bitcoin benefits from a network effect that no other altcoin can claim at the moment. its momentum and status as first to the market makes it almost impossible to catch up to.

Money is considered money because people use it and it is recognized as so. The progress bitcoin has made in its 6 years of existence cannot be underestimated because in internet timeframe, it can be very well considered decades of advance.

Bitcoin currently has billions of dollars in infrastructure being built around it. As I've said, unless these other coins bring serious advantages to the table, people won't be using them on a large scale
Props on the insight. Still looking at altcoins and other options as bitcoin's value is too high for me to make a significant investment at this time.

illadope

きんが
Daps
Dont sell any doge right now, matter of fact buy if you can. Theres DDOS attacks going on right now thats the reason for the crash.

illadope

きんが
Daps
I'm in. Will buy 150€ worth of BTC next week and see how it goes. Will learn step by step by making small investments on a few altcoins.
I registered on Kraken and I got a question, I'm Tier 0 now and it seems that Tier 1 is mandatory to buy coins, should I put my personal info on there ?
By the way, how are all those altcoins created ? Does somebody just decide to mine some coins and create is own currency ? If I had the firepower, could I be able to create a new crypto-currency that I could name colicoin ?
@heisenburr, @illadope

@Phoenix_Knightly23, did you finally start the BTC journey ? You were supposed to buy some litecoins a few weeks back.

Yes its very possible to create Colicoin....but since BK dont wanna listen when I tell him about BTC....lol

illadope

きんが
Daps
Appreciate the feedback. I guess I keep looking into Litecoin because there HAS to be competition and has grown 400% in the past year...that's pretty significant.

I am going to start mining soon (Already have the hardware anyway) so we will see how it goes. I might just start mining litecoin and then start dumping off for BTC

Youre better off multipool mining or mining doge

illadope

きんが
Daps
Someone ask BK to make a Crypto section in higher learning and Ill drop a lot of info in there..having threads this like is kinda dumb

Daps
Where can I get this type of info on altcoins ?

Don't know about other altcoins but I follow the ***** doge thread in the /g/ section religiously (they have several different dogecoin threads every day with up-to-the-minute info)......that's where I learned about wolong and the Jamaican bobsled shyt in the first place

If you can ignore the begging for dogecoins, the stupid shiba inu/"going to the moon" jokes and the petty arguments & insults between posters, there's actually a lot of good info to be found

I think /g/ also has "general cryptocurrency" threads that has more info , but I don't personally see too many of those. Most of /g/ seem to be dogecoin stans

Reddit is also a good place for info like this. Most coins have their own subreddit

Yes its very possible to create Colicoin....but since BK dont wanna listen when I tell him about BTC....lol

:ohhh: Colicoin sounds like a good idea

No hate on Coli Cash.....but imagine if every member was given a certain amount of colicoins and that shyt actually gained some value.....give these nikkas a chance to cash it out and get REAL money

illadope

きんが
Daps
I laughed :russ:

I asked for an invite in your BTC group but seems like there ain't many people there :lolbron:

Man I forgot all about that shyt to be honest. Since this doesnt have tapatalk support I check here like once a day if that

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Sorry, I can't fathom value in electronic code, if the dollar crashes, nobody is going to accept bitcoins for a pack of cigarettes :heh: Hopefully y'all can use your Beanie babies for barter :mjlol:

illadope

きんが
Daps
Sorry, I can't fathom value in electronic code, if the dollar crashes, nobody is going to accept bitcoins for a pack of cigarettes :heh: Hopefully y'all can use your Beanie babies for barter :mjlol:

I got a gang of them too so Im good.