Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
:ohhh:
Wtf is this. i aint never heard about this and its number 32.
Power Ledger (POWR) price, charts, market cap, and other metrics | CoinMarketCap

You think its gonna hit $1.00 soon or did i completely miss out.....

I think it will go above 1 , it just recently receive a 8 million grant from the Australian government ( its an Australian start-up) which should make people invest on it . I meant 10 cents not a penny lol .

Plus it's working on something with an Indian electrical company , so if they pull it off , it should drive the price upward as well .

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Oh yeah @#1 pick if you putting in over $300, get a hard wallet. Don’t be having $1,000 sitting on Coinbase :francis:
I just brought one. I haven't used it as I have to research what to invest. What are some go tools to use when researching what is the best option

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just brought one. I haven't used it as I have to research what to invest. What are some go tools to use when researching what is the best option

I follow all the subreddits on cryptos

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/

When they’re not cacing, they drop good information. The best wallets are Trezor and Ledger Nano but that’s for Bitcoin.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Help a breh out. I'm about to back in this (I was in 2014-2015 when it was around $300 and dipped below $200 smh and when the Mt Gox debacle happened) but I had to get out as I had stuff to do on my own and needed money for my projects. I feel dumb that I got out but you win some you lose some I guess. No hard feelings.

So what has changed since two years ago (except ETH and BTC skyrocketing lol) ?
I had numerous alts like VIA, SYNC, ARCH and some others that I sold when I got out but I don't see them any more so I guess they got dumped to bolivia after successful pumps. Still remember UROCOIN pump which was ridiculous (though I was not in). I know the basics of BTC world, trading and security. I was using Armory wallet but I see there are some new stuff like hardware wallets and such which I'm not aware of yet. I think I will properly get back in it in december as I'd like to do some research first to get good foundations. I have a bit of money that I'm "willing to lose" so I'm not stressing over potential losses as one can get burned quite easily from experience.

Also, I took a look a ETH/USD and I feel like this is entering a bad period in the Daily with a potential dip below the 270-280 resistance. I'd rather buy some ETH than BTC because when I was in this, ETH ICO was about to begin and the Russian that was behind this seemed like a genius so I'd really like ETH to succeed. However, I may have to wait if this happens.

Anyway, I'm looking for general info about interesting coins and also which is better between buying BTC and ETH for trading alts then I'll do the research myself don't worry. I just need a little kickstart.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think it will go above 1 , it just recently receive a 8 million grant from the Australian government ( its an Australian start-up) which should make people invest on it . I meant 10 cents not a penny lol .

Plus it's working on something with an Indian electrical company , so if they pull it off , it should drive the price upward as well .

dap+rep

Im getting in on this next paycheck.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whew: I have a long way to go to get to that level but just dropped $100 on some LTC in Coinbase and will keep putting $100 every check. At $69-71 that’s still a reachable number for people to jump in on and not break the bank.

Put me on game. How did you start this process? Where to go and what to do if you don't mind. Good looking out.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Made 2k this weekend today on NEO. About 1k in Bitcoin Cash.

Crypto is the wave.

Knowing me, I would have took the 2 stacks and put 200 dollars back down in it. Lol... till I get comfortable. So did you cash out or just letting it bubble? I got money to throw away and gamble with it. Just need a tutorial on how to start some shyt like this... also, how you keep track of the come up? lol

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
An Ethereum Startup Just Vanished After People Invested $374K

An Ethereum Startup Just Vanished After People Invested $374K
“These were very good scammers.”

• Jordan Pearson

Nov 20 2017, 1:27pm
    1511202237098-Untitled-design-29.jpeg

Image: Shutterstock

A startup on the Ethereum platform vanished from the internet on Sunday after raising $374,000 USD from investors in an Initial Coin Offering (ICO) fundraiser.

Confido is a startup that pitched itself as a blockchain-based app for making payments and tracking shipments. It sold digital tokens to investors over the Ethereum blockchain in an ICO that ran from November 6 to 8. During the token sale, Confido sold people bespoke digital tokens that represent their investment in exchange for ether, Ethereum’s digital currency.

But on Sunday, the company unceremoniously deleted its Twitter account and took down its website. A company representative posted a brief comment to the company’s now-private subforum on Reddit, citing legal problems that prevent the Confido team from continuing their work. The same message was also posted to Medium but quickly deleted.

“Right now, we are in a tight spot, as we are having legal trouble caused by a contract we signed,” the message stated (a cached version of the Medium post is viewable). “It is likely that we will be able to find a solution to rectify the situation. However, we cannot assure you with 100% certainty that we will get through this.” The message was apparently written by Confido’s founder, one Joost van Doorn, who seems to have no internet presence besides a now-removed LinkedIn profile.

Read More: Ethereum's Biggest Hacking Problem Is Human Greed

Even the Confido representative on Reddit doesn’t seem to know what’s going on, though, posting hours after the initial message, “Look I have absolutely no idea what has happened here. The removal of all of our social media platforms and website has come as a complete surprise to me.” Motherboard reached out to this representative over Reddit, but hasn’t received a response.

Confido tokens had a market cap of $10 million last week, before the company disappeared, but now the tokens are worthless. And investors are crying foul.

“I got scammed big time,” user cioloxl wrote in the Confido thread on popular cryptocurrency forum Bitcointalk. “This was a very valuable lesson for me, in both senses of the word.” Another user, masternode, was more measured, but no less angry. “This is a punch in every single investor's face,” they wrote.

At this point it’s unclear what will happen to the $374,000 that investors put into the Confido project. At the very least, TokenLot, the website that ran the ICO on behalf of Confido (TokenLot does this for many startups), sounds like it’s having a busy day. “We’re the only remnant online right now in terms of people contacting us asking for answers,” said Eli Lewitt, co-founder of TokenLot, over the phone. “These were very good scammers.”

While many cryptocurrencies are still trying to find a useful application in the real world, Ethereum has become a darling among financial types because ICOs allow startups to raise huge investments in lightning-fast funding rounds. But a dark spectre has loomed over the frenzy since the digital gold rush began: What happens if a bad actor is hiding out among the bunch, and simply disappears?

Well, we might be about to find out.

Get six of our favorite Motherboard stories every day by signing up for our newsletter .