Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
To everyone eager to dump their BTG after the fork, just be careful. As is, without reply protection you could be dumping BTC too. Was reading a bit about it this morning, certainly worth looking in to.

Last edited:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
To everyone eager to dump their BTG after the fork, just be careful. As is, without reply protection you could be dumping BTC too. Was testing a bit about it this morning, certainly worth looking in to.

I saw this mentioned in a press release. Can you delve further into it? How could I mistakenly sell btcg ?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'm not sure how the two factor works on coinbase, but on Bitrrex, you just download the Google Authentication app from the play store, and it generates a code that reset every 15-20 seconds.
Do you use Kraken? They have been acting a little shady about this whole BTG fork.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
i haven't even used bittrex yet.

thanks for the heads up.:salute:

im so flabby and sick the smallest tech hurdles slow me down.:flabbynsick:

im going to set up a bittrex account this week.
Bittrex is easily the best exchange if you want to trade Alts. It's all I have been using for a while. Poloniex used to have a ton of traffic that was tough to ignore, but glad it is not like this anymore.

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
I saw this mentioned in a press release. Can you delve further into it? How could I mistakenly sell btcg ?

I don't have time right now to explain it cause I'm out with the misses, but from the Trezor link I posted ^^^ somewhere:

Why is replay protection important?
Replay protection prevents a transaction on the Bitcoin Gold chain from being re-transmitted on the Bitcoin chain and vice versa. As Bitcoin Gold is a fork of Bitcoin, the transaction format, the signatures, etc. are the same. A transaction on one chain could be copied to the other chain and will be valid, possibly leading to unintended loss of coins.

In other words, if BTG does not have replay protection, spending on one chain will cause you to send the same amount of coins on the other chain.

This is why a lot of exchanges aren't supporting it out of the gate, and likely if this isn't changed, BTG may end up failing.

25YOUTHS!!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Used bitcoin to buy something online a couple years ago b/c they offered a discount for using bitcoin. My intention wasn't to invest but just use the bitcoin for the transaction to get the discount. So after I buy what I needed to buy, I had less than $20 left in my localbitcoin.com account so I forgot all about it until a couple weeks ago so I decided to check my account.
It's currently at $238:banderas:

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
So ZenCash? Maybe I need to research a bit. Are you down to just those 2 alts along with BTC at this point?

Yes, the PBC recommended it, and they've had some awesome calls.

I got in at $11, held it, then sold at 13 thinking it would dip a little, and then it shot up to $29 3 minutes after I f****** sold. I got back in at around $22

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

I got in at $11, held it, then sold at 13 thinking it would dip a little, and then it shot up to $29 3 minutes after I f****** sold. I got back in at around $22
Ok so that was you in the slack :laff:

Yeah I’ve been looking to cut my cryptfolio down. $23 seems high to get in so I will just watch it.

Crispy

Cookie
Daps
Reppin
#GMB OG

What is PBC ?

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
What is PBC ?

Palm Beach Confidential is the article they usually put out. They are called the Palm Beach Research Group and are an investment group that had hedge fund managers as a part of it. They called NEO at .13 and have made other great calls as well. Their subscription based is $3,000/year, but I found a Google Drive document about their call on ZenCash. I'm not saying Teeka Tiwari (one of the top analysts there) is always right, but he has an impressive track record. Even before he was with PBR, he had been the youngest employee ever at the Lehman Brothers and then two years later was the youngest VP ever at Shearson Lehman.

Do your own research, but here's their article on ZenCash. I got in at $11....held and was waiting for this article to be released. Price went up to $15 and back down to $11 a few times during the day. So, before leaving work I sold at $13 thinking I'd get it back at around $11. Three minutes later it went to $29.00. I got back in around $23.00.