Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
@heisenburrr it hit $300!!!! We did it!!!

anchorman-yes-jumping.gif

Up almost 30% over the last month. It's been an interesting ride.

Not convinced we'll break out of the yearly channel (200-320) but if we do we could be back to higher levels pretty quickly.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
You seem to be the resident expert in bitcoin. Is there any truth to this?

Interpol says malware could be copied into Bitcoin users blockchain addresses. Assuming that LE is also investigating potential uses, what would they be able to see if they did this?
N2015-033 / 2015 / News / News and media / Internet / Home - INTERPOL

I'm not sure if what's in bold is a direct quote but it doesn't really make sense either way.

If your question is if LE can observe the blockchain for illegal activities they surely can. Remember that Bitcoin is absolutely not anonymous and every single movement of BTC leaves a publicly auditable trail.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps

The move by AmEx—its first investment in the digital currency—underscores how traditional financial institutions are at least taking initial steps toward understanding and incorporating bitcoin into some aspects of their business. However, they’re still wary about diving in headfirst, due to an unclear regulatory environment and a lack of mainstream interest.

Blockchain startup Chain raised a $30 million Series B round last month, with big names like Visa, Nasdaq, and Citi taking part in the investment. Chain also partnered with Nasdaq for a pilot program in which private shares could be traded using blockchain technology. Another startup, R3CEV, has partnered with 22 of the biggest banks in the world, including Bank of America, Citi, BNY Mellon, Morgan Stanley, Barclays, BBVA, Goldman Sachs, and JPMorgan. Not much is known about R3CEV, but it’s focused on understanding the different uses of bitcoin and blockchain in order to find the best applications for the technology in the banking world.

AmEx just made its first bitcoin investment

“What we’re building is the largest early-stage investment portfolio in the digital currency and blockchain ecosystem,” Silbert explains. “We’re also going to start high-growth businesses of our own, and develop a global platform and network to support our companies.”

DGC is structured as a company rather than as an investment vehicle, in part because Silbert hopes to someday take it public. To that end, he has raised what he refers to as a “very large” new round of funding.

Among the new investors is MasterCard MA -1.20% , which seems to be making its first formal foray into the bitcoin space. The others are: Bain Capital Ventures, CIBC, CME Ventures, FirstMark Capital, New York Life, Novel TMT, Oak HC/FT, RRE Ventures, Solon Mack Capital and Transamerica Ventures.

SecondMarket founder launches bitcoin conglomerate - Fortune

:sas2:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
I don't see bitcoin taking off if the whole premise is hoarding

That's precisely how it has taken off so far, from 0$ to 4B$ in more or less 4 years.

We’re still far away from bitcoin being a functional currency, and I don’t think we’ve gotten closer lately,” Silbert says. “First it’s going to function as a speculative investment that will drive up the price and create a larger monetary base that will draw in Wall Street to trade it. Then more merchants will come on board. As it gets more liquid, as a [payment] rail it will become a real alternative to the existing money transfer systems in the world today. I really believe that’s what will happen, and I want DGC to be a big part of it.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
In hindsight, If people are just hoarding coins all the VC going into bitcoin will halt immediately

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
In hindsight, If people are just hoarding coins all the VC going into bitcoin will halt immediately

90% of the coins are hoarded and VC money is still pouring in.

In any case these VCs and their companies are not exactly mandatory for Bitcoin to succeed.

It will gain adoption on its own merits as a fixed supply, non-correlated asset that operates outside of the existing financial market house of cards.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
$400

I should of bought and done a quick flip