Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
@heisenburr how much did you make off bitcoin? I'm not even trying to get at you or troll. Just a serious inquirer.

A couple hundred at most as it stands. I started accumulating late 2013 and cost average is now around 235.

dioris

Rookie
Daps
Idk shyt sounds fishy .. I wouldnt trust a new currency created from computers ...you gotta be a dumbass or extremely Rich to invest into a bitcoins ..there is no in between I rather put that money on a number on roulette lose or win right away now wait 10 years to discover you were a dumbass

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Idk shyt sounds fishy .. I wouldnt trust a new currency created from computers ...you gotta be a dumbass or extremely Rich to invest into a bitcoins ..there is no in between I rather put that money on a number on roulette lose or win right away now wait 10 years to discover you were a dumbass

Well... I'll break it to you right now... you are a dumbass.

Currencies (money) is adopted by humans because of its properties and a demand on the market. Who cares if its "computer created".

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Nasdaq Expects to Be First Exchange Using Bitcoin Technology

Nasdaq OMX Group Inc. expects to become the first major exchange operator to use the technology behind bitcoin when a project in its private-companies business goes live in the fourth quarter.

The stock market operator is partnering with infrastructure provider Chain to use blockchain to issue and transfer the shares of privately held companies. Blockchain is the ledger that drives the bitcoin digital currency.

The technology will be “of fundamental importance to Wall Street,” Nasdaq Chief Executive Officer Bob Greifeld said during a phone interview Thursday. “The benefits to the industry are immense and cannot be ignored.”

“We also plan to announce further blockchain initiatives in the future,” Greifeld said Thursday during a conference call with analysts. “The application of blockchain technology within Nasdaq’s private market aims to modernize, streamline and really secure cumbersome administrative functions,”

Last month, Symbiont, which plans to use blockchain to make it quicker and cheaper to transfer assets between buyers and sellers, raised $1.25 million from financial industry heavyweights including former New York Stock Exchange chief Duncan Niederauer, former Citadel LLC executive Matt Andresen, and two co-founders of high-frequency trading firm Getco LLC, Dan Tierney and Stephen Schuler.

Other firms investigating finance-related uses of blockchain include Digital Asset Holdings LLC, headed by former JPMorgan Chase & Co. banker Blythe Masters, andBlockstack, run by former Google Inc. and Nasdaq employees.

:sas2:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
:heh:

They are running Bitcoin's blockchain. You need bitcoins in order to record transactions or represent shares and titles on the Bitcoin blockchain.

They'll just reverse engineer the BlockChain and replace bitcoins with something else

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
This whole meme of "using Bitcoin technology" or the "blockchain" is equivalent to people saying "the world wide web" or "super information highway" because there was uncertainty about the Internet network protocol. Bill Gates was notorious for these twists since Microsoft was pushing for their own network architecture vs. tcp/ip.

This is "bargaining stage" of the Kubler-Ross model Kübler-Ross model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
They'll just reverse engineer the BlockChain and replace bitcoins with something else

:mjlol:

This is clearly way above your understanding so I'll spare you the details but I can confirm they are working with www.chain.com whose platforms uses the Bitcoin blockchain.

You do not simply "replace" bitcoins. You can use a different blockchain, but then you don't get the reliability, resilience and decentralization of the Bitcoin network. You end up with another vulnerable, centralized version of a database modeled on a blockchain.