Who takes the Gold?

• Total voters

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Tbf to USSF there's not a big stadium in the country that wouldn't have a strong Mexican presence. You can't have a tourney final in a 20k MLS stadium.

Every NFL stadium in the US can hold at least 65K people, not even accounting for some college stadiums as well.

Like the post below, if the USSF schedule more MX vs US games in cities/regions with smaller Mexican populations e.g. Columbus, Boston, NYC etc then there should be more US fans.

Issue with that is will US fans turn up in large droves similar to Mexican fans? If the dollars don’t make sense then it’ll be Houston, LA and SD moving forward.

The last US-Mexico game which was mostly US fans was probably WCQ in 2013 in Columbus, OH.

Let me add SUM has lots to do with this has well.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Every NFL stadium in the US can hold at least 65K people, not even accounting for some college stadiums as well.

Like the post below, if the USSF schedule more MX vs US games in cities/regions with smaller Mexican populations e.g. Columbus, Boston, NYC etc then there should be more US fans.

Issue with that is will US fans turn up in large droves similar to Mexican fans? If the dollars don’t make sense then it’ll be Houston, LA and SD moving forward.

was the nations league final from a couple of months in Denver?

I feel like the crowd was more even then, maybe 60-40?

but you’re right, Mexican fans will travel, not sure if the US fans will unless we have the A squad

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Some very poor finishing by both sides this game.

was the nations league final from a couple of months in Denver?

I feel like the crowd was more even then, maybe 60-40?

but you’re right, Mexican fans will travel, not sure if the US fans will unless we have the A squad

Yep, it was in Denver. Mexican fans will travel even to far out places. US fans seems to only go when its convenient.

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps

They've put Mexico (not vs. US) games in NY and Boston and Mexico fans showed up in droves. I can't stand El TRI fans but they ride for their national team wherever they play in America. I don't think Americans care on the same level as Mexicans (on average) when it comes to these tourney games, World Cup Qualifiers are different.

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
tenor.gif

I don't care if that was offside, ya got to hit the target.