Official Coli HBCU sports & band thread

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I heard FAMU isnt eligible for the postseason???
:leon:this slipped by my radar this summer

FAMU put on five-year probation by NCAA Committee on Infractions

Florida A&M was placed on a five-year probation by the NCAA and applied a self-imposed postseason ban for the 2019-20 academic term following the release of a report from the NCAA's Division I Committee on Infractions Tuesday.

The school was cited for a lack of institutional control for failing to monitor its athletics program between the 2010-11 and 2016-17 seasons.

The case was resolved through the summary disposition process, a cooperative effort where the parties collectively submit the case to the Committee on Infractions in written form. Many of the infractions from the data review overlap with NCAA violations found between 2010-14.

Based on the Division I membership-approved infractions penalty guidelines for a Level I-Aggravated case, the following measures were handed down for the school:

• Five years of probation.
  • A self-imposed 2019-20 postseason ban for football, baseball, men’s basketball, men’s track and field, women’s basketball and volleyball.
  • A vacation of records in which student-athletes competed while ineligible. The university must provide a written report containing the contests impacted to the NCAA media coordination and statistics staff within 45 days of the public decision release.
  • A reduction in scholarships by 10 percent for each of the following programs during the 2019-20 academic year: baseball, men’s basketball, men’s track and field, women’s basketball and volleyball.
  • A reduction in scholarships by five percent for the football program during the 2019-20 and 2020-21 academic years.
  • Recruiting restrictions for all sports programs during the 2019-20 and 2020-21 academic years.
  • A $5,000 fine plus percent of the total athletics budget.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Week 8

FCKxydE.png

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
lmao @ that Albany St-Benedict score

Have any of you brehs ever been to any games or campuses of the HBCUs in NC outside of NCAT?
I wonder what Johnson C Smith, Fayetteville State, WSSU, Elizabeth City and Shaw are like
I was born in Elizabeth City, my father's side of the family all studied at ECSU. We used to go to the Homecomings when I was little. The stadium is pretty small (holds 5000), home side has a big bleacher section, away side has high school bleachers. They have been threatening to close ECSU for the last few years and my father never talks about the football team and he's an alumni. I used to think the campus was big when I was little, but I drove through there last year and was amazed how fast I drove through it, 2 minutes tops:flabbynsick:

I've gone to NC Central plenty of times, great stadium and atmosphere, in the middle of campus, energy is crazy when A&T plays there

Howard's football stadium is small, holds about 10000, I've snuck in pretty easy the last time I was there:hubie:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.

Have any of you brehs ever been to any games or campuses of the HBCUs in NC outside of NCAT?
I wonder what Johnson C Smith, Fayetteville State, WSSU, Elizabeth City and Shaw are like

Central and WSSU are usually poppin ... Shaw doesn’t have its own stadium, and shares it with St. Aug, so it hit a lil different . Haven’t been to an ECSU or FSU game but they are larger schools so I imagine the atmosphere is good.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4

My aunties and uncles went to Johnson C Smith, WSSU, and Central, so I’ve been to all of those campuses, and have been to the games of WSSU and Central. My family gatherings be lit, as were always trash talking each other’s schools. My mom, pop, and I are A&T, so we have the upper hand currently.

WSSU and Central have live campuses, and have pretty good stadiums with good atmospheres. JCSU is small, but since it’s in Charlotte, that’s an advantage in itself.

Daps
Reppin
Cashville, 10

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
the Bethune-Cookman/Norfolk state game was on BAD BEATS last night on sportscenter.