Official Coli Bike/Cycling thread

Nabs

Superstar
Daps

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Here's today's ride. First time getting out on the mountain bike this year. I've been on my other bikes.

Tomorrow's ride will be better. I know the condition of the trail, and I know what the videos gonna look like. I won't have those phones on the bike (my son likes to cruise and listen to music and watch videos).

I usually run this trail, but running it is different from riding it. I black out when I run, get lost in thought and next thing I know it's over. Plus I can slow down and look at the map and see where I want to go. Today I just went with no map.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Where are you at with your bike these days @Macallik86 ?
It's still my main method of transportation and I still aim for 50 miles a week. Just put a hold on 3-4 audiobooks through the library app (Libby) to keep me company for the longer sessions

I also bought an eBike back in November, finally put it together last month and I've road it once :dead:

Hopefully it makes my riding to the club in the summer easier, but it doesn't really serve a purpose at the moment. It feels like the equivalent of bowling with bumpers on

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
It's still my main method of transportation and I still aim for 50 miles a week. Just put a hold on 3-4 audiobooks through the library app (Libby) to keep me company for the longer sessions

I also bought an eBike back in November, finally put it together last month and I've road it once :dead:

Hopefully it makes my riding to the club in the summer easier, but it doesn't really serve a purpose at the moment. It feels like the equivalent of bowling with bumpers on

Dope lol.

You ever get the shifting issue sorted with your State? Still happy with the frame?

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Dope lol.

You ever get the shifting issue sorted with your State? Still happy with the frame?
Frame is amazing. I'm like a faithful husband out here in that I might glance at other bikes ppl are riding, but nothing seems to spark my interest like my State 4130's aesthetic.

With the gears, it does jump occasionally still, altho not as frequently as before. Since it's now a friction shifter, for my sanity I choose to attribute jumpy gears to the shifter being between gears as opposed to mechanical error. The chain does come off pretty consistently too, like once every 100-200 miles. I'm contemplating carrying some gloves in my bike bag to stop my hands from getting oily. I read on reddit that that is more to do with the bike's build tho.

If money wasn't an issue, I'd probably keep the frame and replace everything else, simply for QC purposes, but it does the job well enough that I don't mind riding it until the wheels fall off

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Frame is amazing. I'm like a faithful husband out here in that I might glance at other bikes ppl are riding, but nothing seems to spark my interest like my State 4130's aesthetic.

With the gears, it does jump occasionally still, altho not as frequently as before. Since it's now a friction shifter, for my sanity I choose to attribute jumpy gears to the shifter being between gears as opposed to mechanical error. The chain does come off pretty consistently too, like once every 100-200 miles. I'm contemplating carrying some gloves in my bike bag to stop my hands from getting oily. I read on reddit that that is more to do with the bike's build tho.

If money wasn't an issue, I'd probably keep the frame and replace everything else, simply for QC purposes, but it does the job well enough that I don't mind riding it until the wheels fall off

Ever consider a dry lube for the months that you're not riding in wet conditions? It's what I run on my bike and I'm really happy with it. Drivetrain is dead silent too.

Last edited:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Think I'm going to cop the Garmin Edge 840 today
I been using my phone while it's in my bike bag with Strava recording but might as well just get a dedicated bike computer I figured
Also scheduled an appointment with UHaul to have them install a hitch on my car, going start using a hitch bike rack instead of the trunk one I have now

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I recently got a bike tuneup. Or whatever you call it.
Cleaned, oiled the chain, gear adjustments...etc....

I'm sure you guys all do this yourselves. But I'd rather leave it up to experienced people rather than goof something up myself.

The bike feels practically new. I didn't think it'd make a difference but seeing as I'm in the northeast, your bike does get worn down with the dirt and rain and snow and cold weather.

I'd recommend it now that the weather is getting nice again. Spend the $50 or $75 or $100 or whatever it costs near you. Better to maintain than have to buy a whole new thing.