Official Coli Bike/Cycling thread

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Been MIA from this thread for a minute. Broke my collarbone on my bike. My front wheel lost traction when I was powering up a hill and I partially went over the handlebars. NGL like me being lit AF wasn't the main factor, but I think my bike's faulty gearing is what set the wipeout in motion. IIRC, I was trying to change gears to generate power and the gears jumped which threw me off balanced. I overcompensated and partially flew over the handlebars

just got back to biking about a week ago. Alright Already copping a new bike and will bush my current one unless I change the gearset for the low. Additionally, gonna take the plunge and get a stealth eBike so that I can move around w/o breaking a sweat as the weather warms up.

Last edited:

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Been MIA from this thread for a minute. Broke my collarbone on my bike. My front wheel lost traction when I was powering up a hill and I partially went over the handlebars. NGL like me being lit AF wasn't the main factor, but I think my bike's faulty gearing is what set the wipeout in motion. IIRC, I was trying to change gears to generate power and the gears jumped which threw me off balanced. I overcompensated and partially flew over the handlebars

just got back to biking about a week ago. Alright copping a new bike and will bush my current one unless I change the gearset for the low. Additionally, gonna take the plunge and get a stealth eBike so that I can move around w/o breaking a sweat as the weather warms up.
Damn pal.. glad you back on the bike tho!

Think I said it in this thread, but last year I did the same thing going UPHILL. Was pushing hard af and tried changing to a lower gear and I think my chain came off and I went over the handlebars and smashed my elbow into the concrete... This was before work too, so I went in, bandaged it up and got thru the day.. then on the ride home from work a 70yo lady hit me and I flew over her bonnet lmaoo :pachaha:

shyt happens... I fukking love riding tho:banderas:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I am trying to get a bike but I am too tall
636161982459631184-623645198.jpg

:sas2:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shaq is a nine figure nikka. Everything he do is custom

What's your height and weight breh. Thecoli has got you covered. A couple of 6 figure brehs drop some stacks, we'll have you Rollin before Christmas.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
6'4 but I got legs of a brotha that's 6'8

Tbh you actually will wanted to get fitted and get proper measurements before you cop.

What I've noticed is some heights you can just grab a close size but at 6'3 and above, you can get some shyt you can sit on but fukk up your back or neck.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Anyone using a bike trainer? Thinking of getting a cheap, dumb one so that I stay active when there's snow on the ground. I'm planning on supplementing it w/ a Garmin sensor so that I can track 'distance' through my Garmin watch and maybe one of the virtual cycling apps to make it more fun

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anyone using a bike trainer? Thinking of getting a cheap, dumb one so that I stay active when there's snow on the ground. I'm planning on supplementing it w/ a Garmin sensor so that I can track 'distance' through my Garmin watch and maybe one of the virtual cycling apps to make it more fun

Yes. I have a mag trainer. Ive used it for zwift. What I like about it is I can put whatever bike I want on it and ride it out and get re acclimated to that bike and gears at home, then when I get on the road, it's nothing.

Honestly for the price of a decent mag trainer, one with dope features and shyt, you can get an indoor bike like a peloton that has access to apps and workouts and shyt.

I bought
IMG-20221118-1740505.jpg

For $250 at Wal-Mart. I had a spin bike before that was dope, but there was nothing electric on it, so I'd be on the bytch for 2 hours racing, or 4 hrs on a medium pace but I'd have absolutely no idea my cadence, or how far I'd ridden, and there was no way to put sensors on it, so when I saw this on a whim. I grabbed it. It's completely silent, but it has the app, which gives me all the details and keeps track, plus has live classes and shyt, and I can use it with zwift.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yes. I have a mag trainer. Ive used it for zwift. What I like about it is I can put whatever bike I want on it and ride it out and get re acclimated to that bike and gears at home, then when I get on the road, it's nothing.

Honestly for the price of a decent mag trainer, one with dope features and shyt, you can get an indoor bike like a peloton that has access to apps and workouts and shyt.

I bought
IMG-20221118-1740505.jpg

For $250 at Wal-Mart. I had a spin bike before that was dope, but there was nothing electric on it, so I'd be on the bytch for 2 hours racing, or 4 hrs on a medium pace but I'd have absolutely no idea my cadence, or how far I'd ridden, and there was no way to put sensors on it, so when I saw this on a whim. I grabbed it. It's completely silent, but it has the app, which gives me all the details and keeps track, plus has live classes and shyt, and I can use it with zwift.
Ahhh dope. I just watched a YouTube review of it that was very positive. All the listings I found were for $500, so it looks like you got quite the deal on it too.

Being that I stay in a studio apartment, unfortunately I don't have the space for a stationary bike on top of my existing bikes, but I'll keep it in mind when I move to a bigger spot. I'm not that into classes, but I do like the idea of virtual courses to switch things up and race against others/my personal best times, and have the mileage count on Garmin. For now, I think I'm going to cop a really dumb trainer and throw some sensors on my bike so that the stats are tracked even when I'm inside. Scouring FB Marketplace for a high quality model that's underpriced, but I might get a cheapo from Amazon as well.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ahhh dope. I just watched a YouTube review of it that was very positive. All the listings I found were for $500, so it looks like you got quite the deal on it too.

Being that I stay in a studio apartment, unfortunately I don't have the space for a stationary bike on top of my existing bikes, but I'll keep it in mind when I move to a bigger spot. I'm not that into classes, but I do like the idea of virtual courses to switch things up and race against others/my personal best times, and have the mileage count on Garmin. For now, I think I'm going to cop a really dumb trainer and throw some sensors on my bike so that the stats are tracked even when I'm inside. Scouring FB Marketplace for a high quality model that's underpriced, but I might get a cheapo from Amazon as well.
Yeah. For me there aren't any down sides to the spin bike. It's not a deluxe model that comes with its own screen. But that's fine, it simply pairs with any android or iPad device. Idk if there's an app for Apple TV or not, I know some people like and uses those.

For $250, when I was not looking at all...I was more than happy to get it home and if I didn't like it or it made noise or whatever, drag that bytch back to Wal-Mart, they take returns on anything, ripped box or no box..that would've been their issue to deal with.

A mag trainer is worth it. I bought mine before zwift was a thing, or at least before it got big, maybe 2012? I got a used one off of eBay. Now that zwift is a thing, I've seen mag trainers at Aldi for 40/50 bucks, which is cool, also the market seems to be saturated with mag trainers so it really shouldn't set you back to get one. I like mine because if you're really going to ride or particularly do a long ride, I think it's imperative to do some sort of trial, or long practice on that same bike, at home, with a towel and water/nutrition right there, therefore when you get out there your body knows how your bike is going to feel, how your gears are going to feel. Elements are different but they always are. Puddles, gravel, mud, dirt, grass, people, animals, wind, rain, sticks, obstacles...detours, that's just part of the game.