Official Candyman Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The consensus that's brewing thus far is that the 3rd act is kinda weak and that the film isn't particularly scary. But I struggle to think of any major horror film in the last few years that have been legit scary. Hereditary and Midsommar were unsettling and Halloween was brutal, thrilling at times but not particularly scary.

Was too busy marking out for Michael Myers to be terrified while watching Halloween (2018). Homie hadn’t been on the big screen in 9 years at that point, I had to take it all in. :pachaha:

I’m hearing that this film though is pretty subtle in its approach, which brings me joy because that’s how it was in the first iteration.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
The consensus that's brewing thus far is that the 3rd act is kinda weak and that the film isn't particularly scary. But I struggle to think of any major horror film in the last few years that have been legit scary. Hereditary and Midsommar were unsettling and Halloween was brutal, thrilling at times but not particularly scary.

Candyman isnt scary...its creepy though...the only horror movie in the last 15 years or so that I called scary was the first Insidious movie

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Candyman isnt scary...its creepy though...the only horror movie in the last 15 years or so that I called scary was the first Insidious movie
Oh yeah, that movie was crazy. Insidious made me wonder what post-2010 Wan would do with Dead Silence if he had another go at it. With his experience then, perhaps the dialogue and plot wouldn’t have been so shytty.

But let me stop derailing…

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
What I will say is, this shyt would've had a bigger impact had it been released last year due to all da marching and protests.
also facts...my main thing with this flick is

they tried too hard to pencil in humor into this...esp with the ol boy who was flaming...compared to OG candyman which was serious from damn near jump...truth be told...i wanted him to get ripped open by candyman :demonic:......pause :dame: