Official Candyman Thread

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Score is shaping up to be really nice. These next couple months are big for horror. Candyman, Halloween Kills, Malignant, Last Night in Soho, Antlers (fukkin’ finally). :ohlawd:

Scream V, Derrickson’s new joint, and Peele’s Nope next year. :banderas:

I know they were hosting free screenings of the film in cities across the states. I heard the screening in Atlanta went real well. Makes me wonder about all those early reports saying the film was bad.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I know they were hosting free screenings of the film in cities across the states. I heard the screening in Atlanta went real well. Makes me wonder about all those early reports saying the film was bad.
Yeah I remember hearing something a while back about test screenings having bad receptions. That was from a while ago too.

Saw someone on Dreadit talking about how the subtle marketing and late embargo date for it is a way of telling that the reviews aren’t particularly glowing. Personally, I don’t really care and will still watch no matter what…it’s all subjective at the end of the day. I was too young to watch the original Candyman on the big screen, so I’m gonna right my wrong with this iteration. Just hope it’s the best of the sequels…which shouldn’t be too hard.

It’s gonna be dope comparing side-by-side shots of the cinematography. The dirty gritty look of 1992 Cabrini Green vs. the clean, gentrified 2021 version.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yeah I remember hearing something a while back about test screenings having bad receptions. That was from a while ago too.

Saw someone on Dreadit talking about how the subtle marketing and late embargo date for it is a way of telling that the reviews aren’t particularly glowing. Personally, I don’t really care and will still watch no matter what…it’s all subjective at the end of the day. I was too young to watch the original Candyman on the big screen, so I’m gonna right my wrong with this iteration. Just hope it’s the best of the sequels…which shouldn’t be too hard.

It’s gonna be dope comparing side-by-side shots of the cinematography. The dirty gritty look of 1992 Cabrini Green vs. the clean, gentrified 2021 version.

They just had a bunch of screening this past week and this week. So the reviews should be coming in by the end of this week hopefully. I was too young to see the first one and honestly never heard of candyman until the sequel came out in 95. Reading comic books and then turn a page with an advertisement of farewell to the flesh :sadbron: