Official Blumhouse Halloween Thread

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Is that out? If it is I'm gonna grab it. I just love horror breh, I'll watch anything horror-related.

And yeah, "High Tension" was crack. France released a gang of good to great horror movies in the last decade or so.

Fred.
Yep, France been one of the top horror producers for a while. Martyrs was pretty decent too iirc.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@EzekelRAGE may want to change the title. Carpenter just announced the director on his Facebook

So you say you want a Revolution?
You want to shake things up and bring back Halloween and make it rock again?

Well so do I.

So here’s the announcement you’ve all been waiting for:

David Gordon Green and Danny McBride are joining the project to complete the creative team. David and Danny will write the script together and David will direct. I will continue in my executive producer role to consult and offer my advice and feedback as needed.

David and Danny both came to my office recently with Jason Blum and shared their vision for the new movie and…WOW. They get it. I think you’re gonna dig it. They blew me away.

I might even do the music. Maybe. It could be kind of cool.

And you’ll get to see it in theaters on October 19th, 2018.

Halloween & Down? David Gordon Green To Direct New Franchise Take, Pen Script With Danny McBride

David Gordon Green is an interesting pick. I never thought the guy who directed George Washington and Pineapple Express would be directing halloween. But he was trying to get a suspire remake off the ground for years and loves horror so I'm down. Danny McBride's writing is twisted enough.

Deucage

"Who's the best: Pac, Nas and Big?"
Daps
Reppin
Th...th...th..th...th...The Coli.com
David Gordon Green and Danny McBride Rebooting ‘Halloween’ for October 2018
By John Squires on February 9, 2017@freddyinspace
0 COMMENTS

Well this is fresh and unexpected!

Last year, Blumhouse and John Carpenter announced that they would together be bringing Michael Myers back from the dead for a new Halloween film, which at the time was dated for release on Halloween 2017. As you may have guessed, it’s not going to meet that date. The good news? After many months of silence, we’ve got a very exciting new update on the project.

Carpenter himself, who is creatively involved in the making of the film, just took to Facebook to announce that David Gordon Green(Pineapple Express) and Danny McBride(“Eastbound & Down”) have joined the Miramax, Trancas International Films and Blumhouse production. Gordon Green will direct from a screenplay penned by he and McBride.

The new Halloween is coming on October 19th, 2018.

Said Carpenter:

So you say you want a Revolution? You want to shake things up and bring back Halloween and make it rock again? Well so do I.

David Gordon Green and Danny McBride are joining the project to complete the creative team. David and Danny will write the script together and David will direct. I will continue in my executive producer role to consult and offer my advice and feedback as needed. David and Danny both came to my office recently with Jason Blum and shared their vision for the new movie and… WOW. They get it. I think you’re gonna dig it. They blew me away.

I might even do the music. Maybe. It could be kind of cool

McBride assured that he’s not looking to inject humor into the franchise:

David and I are thrilled to step outside of our comedic collaborations and dive into a dark and vicious horror. Nobody will be laughing

As previously announced, Carpenter will executive produce with Malek Akkad producing for Trancas and Jason Blum producing for Blumhouse. Gordon Green and McBride will also executive produce under their Rough House Pictures banner.
halloween-2-mask.jpg

:jbhmm:Thoughts?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Also because this is the internet, Danny McBride felt it necessary to say this:

David and I are thrilled to step outside of our comedic collaborations and dive into a dark and vicious horror. Nobody will be laughing

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:patrice:Eeeeeeh. fukk it. :manny: Go for it. We haven't had a good Halloween movie in over 20 years, so if it's good :blessed: and if it's bad :yeshrug:

Basically. I mean even Carpenter's involvement isn't a gold stamp. When's the last time Carpenter did something dope or even semi dope? Besides the weed he smokes. But the man knows halloween and Gordon Green is a fresh choice

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Gordon Green & McBride are out of the box choices for a Halloween reboot but I have enjoyed pretty much everything that both guys have done previously and unlike Rob Zombie they are actually good at making movies. So I am in.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Gordon Green & McBride are out of the box choices for a Halloween reboot but I have enjoyed pretty much everything that both guys have done previously and unlike Rob Zombie they are actually good at making movies. So I am in.

Yeah and also unlike Zombie, they're good writers. I could see them making this a period piece although that may not be best for the series going forward

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:francis: at "Halloween" getting rebooted 45 times but "Hellraiser" can't even get rebooted once.

Fred.

That was the plan a few years ago but I'm sure it's a rights situation more than a nobody wants to touch it situation. With halloween it was a pretty simple situation rights wise and Miramax knew they needed a strong partner to give the franchise back its juice. In comes Jason Blum

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Danny McBride? So it's gonna be a funny joke-y movie with blood rather than stab stab stab horror movie? However, McBride is my dude. I like his style, and I'm still pissed at Zombie's movies.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Danny McBride? So it's gonna be a funny joke-y movie with blood rather than stab stab stab horror movie? However, McBride is my dude. I like his style, and I'm still pissed at Zombie's movies.
:francis:

Also because this is the internet, Danny McBride felt it necessary to say this: