Official Black Widow Thread

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
7/10 with low re-watchability.
Red Guardian was excellent. Good enough to carry his own MCU film.
Rachel Weiss was good (apart from her accent).
Scarlett was just ok.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Yo I enjoyed this movie, the final third reminded me a lot of Bond movies which was cool. Good action throughout and the Red Guardian was great.

It was actually better than I expected :ehh:

Be interesting to see how this fares at The Box Office. I'm wondering if lower budgets will become the precedent moving forward after seeing what this and F9 do.
Fast 9 is a box office smash. Waiting out the quarantine was the right move. Tentpole movies aren't going anywhere.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie and storyline was good, but don't really see myself re-watching it down the road like most MCU movies.
Pugh was solid and enjoyed her in the movie, looks like she'll be appearing at some point later this year in Disney+.
Agree w/ the Taskmaster sentiment, came out :whoo: & ended :unimpressed:

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
This movie was wack.
bad cgi, red guardian is a joke and taskmaster was a fake out

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Eh I don't think I'm going to pay for this one...Sorry Disney. Truth be told, this should have dropped years ago and I have no real interest in it since Widow dead anyways.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Movie and storyline was good, but don't really see myself re-watching it down the road like most MCU movies.
Pugh was solid and enjoyed her in the movie, looks like she'll be appearing at some point later this year in Disney+.
Agree w/ the Taskmaster sentiment, came out :whoo: & ended :unimpressed:
Exactly how I feel. This movie as a whole felt completely unnecessary at this point. Should've dropped before Infinity War or earlier.

With that said the movie was solid. I loved the sister and there were some genuine laughs, same with the dad. Felt like they wasted Taskmaster and would've been way more useful in a movie against the rest of the Avengers to show her adapting styles against a bunch of different opponents. The plan seemed convoluted to free all the widows. I did love the post credit scene and has me interested if they come through with a Hawkeye show.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Fast 9 is a box office smash. Waiting out the quarantine was the right move. Tentpole movies aren't going anywhere.

shyt would have done a billion pre covid though.

But 500m off a 60m budget is big returns and is a better blueprint in this climate.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Good movie but would have been so much better if made when it was originally planned. Post Credit scene will lead to an interesting plot on an upcoming show.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it earlier. I think it's definitely a movie where people will like or hate it based on it just being a Black Widow film. Very much by the numbers, and a little too similar to TWS plot wise IMO, I would say its one of my top Phase 2 movies tho:lolbron:. The only thing I really hated was Taskmaster, was really a waste beyond the redone MCU origin and they really could've used a lesser known character, and I felt the plot twist could been done way earlier but I guess that would be too obvious TWS territory.

Liked the action and surprisingly the family dynamic and banter. Feige def needs to give me that Red Guardian disney + show.

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i liked it, but i like every MCU movie and always leave on a high. 3.5/5 some dumb shyt with the villains, and ultimately a hollow movie, but the new characters were good. i like Florence Pugh a lot. Movies still reign over the shows, imo. Good to be back. ... on to the next one

I liked Red Guardian but fear for his MCU future. i don't think he fits, so they're gonna be tempted to give him a show, and i don't want it. i'll watch it, but i don't want them doing that with every bit character