Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I love this part, i remember being a kid and besides ninja turtles most of my action figures were cacs
now my little nephew can get a black panther action figure
now my nieces can stan suri

Papa Ziggiy didn’t play that shyt. Some hoW some way EVERY Action Fugure he ever brought me was Black. Black GI Joe, Black Ninjas, Black Boxers, even the old My Buddy Doll I got was black.

I miss my pops. I took him to see Civil War when it was out so could bask in T’Challa excellence together. He would have been absolutely delighted to see this movie come to fruition the way it has:wow:

2 more hours brehs... I’ve literally been waiting on this day my entire life:wow:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Papa Ziggiy didn’t play that shyt. Some hoW some way EVERY Action Fugure he ever brought me was Black. Black GI Joe, Black Ninjas, Black Boxers, even the old My Buddy Doll I got was black.

I miss my pops. I took him to see Civil War when it was out so could bask in T’Challa excellence together. He would have been absolutely delighted to see this movie come to fruition the way it has:wow:

2 more hours brehs... I’ve literally been waiting on this day my entire life:wow:

i grew up in cacanada breh :to:

salutes papa ziggiy :salute: may he rest in peace

2 hrs for me as well and I feel the same way man, istopped looking at trailers early on i read zero reviews. This is the first time since star wars phantom menance that I'm literally going the first opportunity that I can

way I'm feeling now is i guess how a breh feels on his wedding today

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I agree, the problem is you have who look like Amy Schumer trying to put the feminist label on it. I love the fact that the black women are getting shine, but the only reason non black women are praising them is to somehow make it about them.

If that's all you're thinking about, then you should seriously get over it, lol. The fact that other women of other races for whatever reason, want to also celebrate within black women's shine...is ultimately a good thing. And if you're just looking/worrying about it from the angle of them trying to steal some of that shine...be real, it's not happening breh. And to be reality, the 2ndary goal of black empowerment and enrichment, is to have not only just us behind it, but everyone else for it as well. It's truly the path of real equality. Progress takes time, but that's definitely part of the path there.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
If that's all you're thinking about, then you should seriously get over it, lol. The fact that other women of other races for whatever reason, want to also celebrate within black women's shine...is ultimately a good thing. And if you're just looking/worrying about it from the angle of them trying to steal some of that shine...be real, it's not happening breh. And to be reality, the 2ndary goal of black empowerment and enrichment, is to have not only just us behind it, but everyone else for it as well. It's truly the path of real equality. Progress takes time, but that's definitely part of the path there.

Ehhhhhhhh...

That can be problematic and has actually historically been problematic but I understand where you are coming from

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
1.BULLshyt
2.You still believe in equality?:mjlol:
The main reason so many non black people are behind this is because it's a comic book movie, i already knew they were going to see it so this doesn't surprise me. Let me know when they're filling the theaters when it's a movie about strong black men & women without the comic tie in.
y'all think shuri should get a spin off film?
A Netflix series would be better suited for her ATM.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
y'all think shuri should get a spin off film?

In marvel Canon Shuri actually BECOMES The Black Panther and ruler of Wakanda for a period after T’Challa gets injured.

She actually led an attack on Atlantis.

T’Challa just RECENTLY became King Again within the past two years of comic canon. The previous 3 or so years Shuri was ruler and T’Challa was King Of The Dead, his domain was Necropolis (think of it as kind of a mystical bat cave within Wakanda’s borders)

SHO-NUFF

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOMETHIN REAL FO YO ASS IN THESE HANDS!!!!
21oydk3.jpg

That first day of school stimulus package; my flight lands at 7pm CST; it happened to be 81 degrees here in O-City today, so I has to scale it down for this FIRST time......
Tux pants, etcetera, etcetera is on deck for later this weekend

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Shame about the recent shootings but i wonder how much thats going to hurt the overall BO of this:francis:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

tumblr_oxxmeaqOpf1r5zq6ao4_540.gif

Ehhhhhhhh...

That can be problematic and has actually historically been problematic but I understand where you are coming from

Yeah, I understand about how it can be problematic, but I also understand how, if done the right way, with the right state of mind behind it, would be the end goal to ultimately end all the racist bullshyt.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
1.BULLshyt
2.You still believe in equality?:mjlol:
The main reason so many non black people are behind this is because it's a comic book movie, i already knew they were going to see it so this doesn't surprise me. Let me know when they're filling the theaters when it's a movie about strong black men & women without the comic tie in.

A Netflix series would be better suited for her ATM.

What are you asking, if equality can be achieved or if it currently exists? Obviously, it's currently not equal. Will it ever happen? I can't read the future, so I honestly don't know. Can it ever be tho? It could. But it surely isn't going to happen overnight, of course. Progress takes time. But a film to this magnitude is a step towards that progress, comic tie-in or not. shyt, a comic tie-in certainly doesn't guarantee success or greatness and damn sure not impact. The film seems to be slated to do all three tho.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
What are you asking, if equality can be achieved or if it currently exists? Obviously, it's currently not equal. Will it ever happen? I can't read the future, so I honestly don't know. Can it ever be tho? It could. But it surely isn't going to happen overnight, of course. Progress takes time. But a film to this magnitude is a step towards that progress, comic tie-in or not. shyt, a comic tie-in certainly doesn't guarantee success or greatness and damn sure not impact. The film seems to be slated to do all three tho.
This film will not bring all races together, people will show up and have a good time but this stay with black folks longer than anyone else.
giphy.gif

The top grossing films are almost always comic book films and blockbusters.
Which is why i'm saying this movie is not going to bring about change or equality, i'm just happy to see all these black actors/actresses get money and enhance their resumes.