eWZ35kq_d.jpg

First MCU film superhero EVER to grace the cover of Time. :ohlawd:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

This is the type of thing that'll convince the studios that its not worth it. If they make shyt ton of money but shyt reap less profits due to controversies or public opinion hits etc.
But at the same time, if this works i would have to respect what they accomplished. But they might be asking too much.
I can see a 1 million dollar donation. but 25% of a film that might end up doing a half Billion? if not billion after digital and blurays? 25 million dollars off your bottom line everytime you film a black movie? that immediately makes us less profitable than white movies before they even sell a single ticket.

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
I’m not gonna shyt on her for making a $100 Million dollar budgeted movie starring a young black girl. I’m rooting for her.

I just want to know what her caveat was for passing on Panther. At the very beginning of the directing and casting rumors almost two years ago some of us were theorizing that maybe she wanted to go the Afro-Futuristic route and Feige was like :camby:

But now having seen that’s EXACTLY what Coogler did, that clearly wasn’t the case
I bet it was LGTBQ shyt and Marvel was like "nope".

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Attaching Kendrick Lamar to this project was a genius move. His music and that video with SZA he put out the other day is high end stuff. Marvel Studios must be creaming themselves with how spectacular the rollout for the movie has been. A great soundtrack from a multiplatinum industry heavyweight, rave critical reviews of the movie itself, the movement to send under-privileged kids to see the film...you couldnt ask for a better roll-out.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
after looking at these last round of premier photos, man, I think I'll take Danai over Lupita.

Lupita has the slightly better face but something about Danai gets my pants moving.

Walking dead really does try to uglify her :hhh:

Danai got them lips.Skin tone's quite delicious, also.

Lupita's pure woman, tho.Ultra feminine, ladylike, and charming