Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

It's cool to see the Twitter reactions, but it makes little sense to get even overly hyped about red carpet premier reactions. We SEEN this scenario before. These type of reactions are always overhyped or overblown. We even learn from the actual reviews by credits be on some BS. If anything at the very least The Last Jedi should have taught us is to take these things with a grain of salt.

This is not to say not to be excited for the film or the film will be bad. I expect it to be great. But I won't and ask people not to get over-excited and you ruin your own experience due to overhyping yourself, and it doesn't meet whatever personal expectations you have.

I know this film be dope, but I am taking more NOTICE at some of the more critical tweets such as it having a slow paced introduction and partially good/bad action sequences. It is those things I take note so to prepare myself when I go into this film.

As for MBJ, I never understood why people doubted him to be wack. He's always gave people a dope performance in whatever he does and always takes it up another level whenever he works with Coogler. I knew from the moment Coogler said his right-hand-man was in it that he'll kill that role. In fact, because of their movie relationship, I am wouldn't be shocked if he outshined all the other respected actors, because of them knowing how to get the best from each other whereas the rest have to find their chemistry.
I don't take the slow intro seriously cause thats actually doing something other Marvel movies don't do. Sometimes the movies start way to fast. Creed was great because of the slow build.

I am concerned about the action. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear more about the 3rd act fight looking like a video game :francis:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's cool to see the Twitter reactions, but it makes little sense to get even overly hyped about red carpet premier reactions. We SEEN this scenario before. These type of reactions are always overhyped or overblown. We even learn from the actual reviews by credits be on some BS. If anything at the very least The Last Jedi should have taught us is to take these things with a grain of salt.

This is not to say not to be excited for the film or the film will be bad. I expect it to be great. But I won't and ask people not to get over-excited and you ruin your own experience due to overhyping yourself, and it doesn't meet whatever personal expectations you have.

I know this film be dope, but I am taking more NOTICE at some of the more critical tweets such as it having a slow paced introduction and partially good/bad action sequences. It is those things I take note so to prepare myself when I go into this film.

As for MBJ, I never understood why people doubted him to be wack. He's always gave people a dope performance in whatever he does and always takes it up another level whenever he works with Coogler. I knew from the moment Coogler said his right-hand-man was in it that he'll kill that role. In fact, because of their movie relationship, I am wouldn't be shocked if he outshined all the other respected actors, because of them knowing how to get the best from each other whereas the rest have to find their chemistry.
4bUV7Ls.gif

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Agreed, and even the critical ones still say it's a good film.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
these reviews are confusing, they're saying its the best marvel movie ever but the action scenes are awful?
This is an action movie. :gucci:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Especially those Double Toasted ass clowns. They actually put up a video talking about ways how the movie could fail.

Based on what Korey and Martin feel about MCU films, their expectations for this one, and looking at the reactions so far I see them giving this either a matinee or high matinee.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
these reviews are confusing, they're saying its the best marvel movie ever but the action scenes are awful?
This is an action movie. :gucci:

Strong story and character work can compensate for stuff like poor action.

Look at Nolan's Batman films. A lot of the action/fight scenes in those films are lousy and poorly shot,but people love those films to death and consider them the best the genre has to offer.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Strong story and character work can compensate for stuff like poor action.

Look at Nolan's Batman films. A lot of the action/fight scenes in those films are lousy and poorly shot,but people love those films to death and consider them the best the genre has to offer.
Hopefully you're right, but i still like to see some great choreagraphy and a great plot like in winter soldier. But based on the clips i've seen so far the action looks cool to me. Hopefully they're just complaining about CGI which never bother me in comicbook based movies.