parallax

Superstar
Daps
:francis:

Priest has always been iffy on race relations. Like I said before, he didn't even like Black Panther but Marvel made him do his run.

The reason he created Ross is because he FELT he needed to connect a black character to a cac audience. Basically pandering.

Priest never wanted to be "too black" or "consciously black" to the world. He has this idea of racial tranquity and thus you see contextual soft-shoeing in his work and characters.

Priest would fall on the anti-racist side of things.

whereas Hudlin and Coates fall on the pro-black side of thought.

But guess what... COATES outsold his shyt. :umad::umad::umad::umad:

@Mic-Nificent

Exactly.

AND Hudlin brought us the badass that is Shuri. :myman:
Notice that cac comic book fans hate Hudlin's run the MOST :mjpls:

Cacs never stop talking about Priest's run.

because priests run was good. coates run is backed by panthers involvent in civil war

had this trash come out without it, it would have been as forgotten as man without fear, or hated like doomwar

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
because priests run was good. coates run is backed by panthers involvent in civil war

had this trash come out without it, it would have been as forgotten as man without fear, or hated like doomwar

Never said it was. On a writing level it's the most definitive BP run.

Disagree about Coates. Believe it or not, his run is actually critically acclaimed.

Casual fans, both black and cac like his run or aren't too bothered by it.

Only the hardcore T'challa fans on here here and on CBR hate Coates.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

Disagree about Coates. Believe it or not, his run is actually critically acclaimed.

so people that dont know any better like his run. exactly

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Yeah, I actually feel bad for dark skinned women because 4 out of 5 times the "black women" in movies/tv are biracial chicks but people shouldn't attack the actresses it's not their fault.

Yea, attacking her won't solve anything. Their real beef is with the casting directors, not her.

Going at her and telling her that they hope she loses her job will eventually result in personal insults and useless debates. Which pretty much occurred soon after the back and forth started.

Edit: I also hope that those same folks are pushing for other black female heroes to show up, like Monica Rambeau. Monica is undoubtedly dark skinned in the comics.

Also hope that those same folks have an issue with Cecilia Reyes being racebent into a white hispanic, despite being an Afro-Latina in the comics.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

:ohhh:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
standing up for oneself is not c00nin in this case, because the criticism here is totally unnecessary.
she’s not even a good actress. im glad BW are finally speaking up against their erasure in hollywood. i dont want anymore biracial storms either

and like i said in the TLR thread, BM are hypocrites over this issue. if they cast someone like jesse williams to play BP, i promise nikkas would do a whole lotta bytching

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
she’s not even a good actress. im glad BW are finally speaking up against their erasure in hollywood. i dont want anymore biracial storms either

and like i said in the TLR thread, BM are hypocrites over this issue. if they cast someone like jesse williams to play BP, i promise nikkas would do a whole lotta bytching

Don’t even bring that thought into the world bro:ufdup:

jackson35

Banned
Daps

if she want to be storm with her light ass, that's her right. we don't have to do everything the marvel way

jackson35

Banned
Daps
just as we have the right to complain. would you be okay with jesse williams or drake playing t’challa? :jbhmm:
if they can do the role i don't care. i'm certainly not going to tell you they should not get a role because they are too light skinned.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
lol sorry we dnt comply to white social/beauty standards and the replacement of actual black women in media by biracials foh u clown, fukk that mullato mutt

Un-AmericanDreamer

Simp City
Daps
lol sorry we dnt comply to white social/beauty standards and the replacement of actual black women in media by biracials foh u clown, fukk that mullato mutt

13392.jpg

giphy-facebook_s.jpg