Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
Can I just say how glad I get looking at the main cast of this movie and how Pan-African it is?

Got black people from all the diaspora. Especially glad Ryan actually got Africans in the cast, too.

Chadwick Boseman ( African-American)

Michael B Jordan (African-American)

Angela Bassett (African-American)

Letitia Wright (Guyanese)

Winston Duke (Tobagonian)

Danai Gurira (Zimbabwean)

Lupita Nyong'o (Kenyan)

Daniel Kaluuya (Ugandan)

Forest Whitaker (African-American)

Four AAs.

3 Africans.

2 Caribbeans.

#BlackDiasporaExcellence

:wow:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really like the concept art for the Dora Milaje costume but I can understand why they didn't go with it. The not practical for battle criticism and all. But it would have been visually stunning to see on screen.

DKu838jXoAARltl.jpg

marvel3.jpg

Who tf is y'all? The current crop of dark skin women in Hollywood rn are far and above the mixed chicks. Lupita shyts on all of them and yet chicks like Paula Patton get more opportunities. Weinstein types run Hollywood and clearly only mixed lightskin black women are "fukkable" as he put it. So they get roles that were literally made for darkskin women. Pure scust

How? Lupita was the black actress Weinstein was coercing.

Honestly, a lot of these light skinned mixed actresses are mediocre looking. I mean come on, Tessa Thompson? :mjlol:

tessa-thompson-alfre-woodard-hosts-8th-annual-oscars-sistahs-soiree-in-la-2-22-2017-4.jpg

Now look at these women

tumblr_oo3nzulLWG1uoc6xgo3_400.gif

Ashley+Blaine+Featherson+ZnArp8nqNIym.jpg

rutina_wesley.JPG

MV5BMjJhZTVmYmItMDk3OS00YTU3LThiOTMtN2ZmYThkM2YyOWNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzI1NjgzNw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

Antoinette-Robertson:-Deadline-Hollywood-Emmy-Season-Kickoff-Party--05-662x856.jpg

:whew:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I really like the concept art for the Dora Milaje costume but I can understand why they didn't go with it. The not practical for battle criticism and all. But it would have been visually stunning to see on screen.

DKu838jXoAARltl.jpg

marvel3.jpg

How? Lupita was the black actress Weinstein was coercing.

Honestly, a lot of these light skinned mixed actresses are mediocre looking. I mean come on, Tessa Thompson? :mjlol:

tessa-thompson-alfre-woodard-hosts-8th-annual-oscars-sistahs-soiree-in-la-2-22-2017-4.jpg

Now look at these women

tumblr_oo3nzulLWG1uoc6xgo3_400.gif

Ashley+Blaine+Featherson+ZnArp8nqNIym.jpg

rutina_wesley.JPG

MV5BMjJhZTVmYmItMDk3OS00YTU3LThiOTMtN2ZmYThkM2YyOWNhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzI1NjgzNw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

Antoinette-Robertson:-Deadline-Hollywood-Emmy-Season-Kickoff-Party--05-662x856.jpg

:whew:
The fact that lupita has so little credits still proves my point......fukk tara from true blood tho :scusthov:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Historically yes, but EVER since Coates took over he's been trying to downplay and erase that part of the mythos. He had to do that in order to make his wack ass story work on any level.

In the past T'Challa had to earn the right to rule and his rulership could be challenged in a multitude of ways. Coates made it seem as if being King was just T'Challa's birthright that he held on to by being a ruthless dictator.
God will someone fire this man.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm being a a$$hole??? colorism isn't the same as racism??/? so your telling me with certain social circles in the black community, people don't favors other because of skin tone

You're being an a$$hole because instead of addressing what I actually said you're going off on separate tangents and trying to put words into my mouth.

I outright said in my post that colorism is a problem in our community, yet you you're trying to make it seem as if I don't think it's an issue at all.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
God will someone fire this man.

:francis:
I JUST read the interview and there’s a lot of :mjpls: in Priest’s DNA it seems.

This dude was straight up THANKING DC for letting him write white characters. shyt is fukking ridiculous.

And he’s so proud of the fact that he created Everett Ross as the white fans Totem rather than allowing T’Challa his own voice.

This whole “curry favor with white People” routine does NOT WORK. Priest’s run was critically acclaimed and had some legit genius storylines, but it still suffered backlash and low sales.

That’s the primary reason why I entirely prefer Hudlin’s run. Hudlin was unapologetic in allowing T’Challa to take his OWN story and his OWN blackness into his OWN hands. White fans be damned. And Hudlin’s run outsold Priest’s. There was no white boy running around Wakanda (Hunter) or white narrating The Black hero’s thoughts (Ross)

Priest has always been iffy on race relations. Like I said before, he didn't even like Black Panther but Marvel made him do his run.

The reason he created Ross is because he FELT he needed to connect a black character to a cac audience. Basically pandering.

Priest never wanted to be "too black" or "consciously black" to the world. He has this idea of racial tranquity and thus you see contextual soft-shoeing in his work and characters.

Priest would fall on the anti-racist side of things.

whereas Hudlin and Coates fall on the pro-black side of thought.

But guess what... COATES outsold his shyt. :umad::umad::umad::umad:

@Mic-Nificent

That’s the primary reason why I entirely prefer Hudlin’s run. Hudlin was unapologetic in allowing T’Challa to take his OWN story and his OWN blackness into his OWN hands. White fans be damned. And Hudlin’s run outsold Priest’s. There was no white boy running around Wakanda (Hunter) or white narrating The Black hero’s thoughts (Ross)

Exactly.

AND Hudlin brought us the badass that is Shuri. :myman:
Notice that cac comic book fans hate Hudlin's run the MOST :mjpls:

Cacs never stop talking about Priest's run.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
:francis:

Priest has always been iffy on race relations. Like I said before, he didn't even like Black Panther but Marvel made him do his run.

The reason he created Ross is because he FELT he needed to connect a black character to a cac audience. Basically pandering.

Priest never wanted to be "too black" or "consciously black" to the world. He has this idea of racial tranquity and thus you see contextual soft-shoeing in his work and characters.

Priest would fall on the anti-racist side of things.

whereas Hudlin and Coates fall on the pro-black side of thought.

But guess what... COATES outsold his shyt. :umad::umad::umad::umad:

@Mic-Nificent

Exactly.

AND Hudlin brought us the badass that is Shuri. :myman:
Notice that cac comic book fans hate Hudlin's run the MOST :mjpls:

Cacs never stop talking about Priest's run.
can't understand why you like Coates' run. Hudlin's Pantherkills his

jackson35

Banned
Daps
You're being an a$$hole because instead of addressing what I actually said you're going off on separate tangents and trying to put words into my mouth.

I outright said in my post that colorism is a problem in our community, yet you you're trying to make it seem as if I don't think it's an issue at all.
finish your sentence, colorism isn't the same as racism?? who's not being honest here?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so when relatives or our mamas give us a pass because of my skin tone, but sister brother does not because their dark skin is different to you???

That is colorisim, not racism. You're not being treated differently because of your race, you're being treated differently because of your skin color. You're all the same race, just different shades.

Colorism and racism are not synonyms.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
That is colorisim, not racism. You're not being treated differently because of your race, you're being treated differently because of your skin color. You're all the same race, just different shades.

Colorism and racism are not synonyms.
race is a concept that Europeans created, not Africans. denying me the privilege or experience to exercise my craft because of the tone of my skin is white supremacy. how do i known? when Africans came to the states to insert their nationality, they were treaty with respect at the height of jim crow because when they insisted on on being serve, they were told we don't serve Negros, they tell the white man, they not Negros, they are Africans, moors.