Wakanda
#dope

X5F2OWi.jpg

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
That's because after 1 decent film made some money he was treated like a veteran director and everyone went with it.

Edit:Looking at what Coogler did with Creed he's the perfect guy for Black Panther. He came into a universe that existed with a lot of history built a story around his character that felt in line with what came before but was still an original story. He included a major character from the franchise history and gave him enough time and things to do to make the connection work without overshadowing the fact that it was Creed's story. He used the location in a way that made it feel real and like another character in the story and used the culture of the city from the perspective of the character to introduce elements into the score of the film to make it his own.

Even some of the themes about fathers and sons and legacy fit. If Panther will be taking over from his father who dies early in the film he may go through some struggle of his fathers shadow and not wanting to taint the name and legacy he has to live up to much the same as Donnie. The difference being as a king he has to project strength at all times and can't confide in anyone the struggle he's dealing with. I would love to see how Coogler would approach that angle.

HdXSXwc.jpg

That is a good fukking point, didn't even think of it that way. Def hoping Coogler gets the job.

Hold this rep breh:salute:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
If fruitvale station and creed are any indication then coogler is a very generic filmmaker and you can expect a very generic black panther movie.:manny:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
So you know he doesn't have a 'strong feel for character and story'? Or was your last answer complete bullshyt?
actually yes based on what i have seen from him, he has no handle on character and story. very generic stuff. he's passable, but far from exceptional.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
actually yes based on what i have seen from him, he has no handle on character and story. very generic stuff. he's passable, but far from exceptional.

Oh I thought you meant specific to Black Panther my bad. Just sayin' that opinion is a minority one. He's 2 for 2 as far as acclaim. Two 90% + movies on RT is no easy feat.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I also want the best person for the job, but I want someone with a geek pedigree or at least capable of doing engaging action. I don't want a hood flick that everyone can relate to. I don't want an everyday movie, I want something fantastical. Someone to make Panther a larger than life, and not some superstar grounded in reality. BP shouldn't be Daredevil + Batman, at least not as the introduction. That was the one flaw of Thor. Brannagh did an excellent job, but he was taken out of Asgard and had no powers for 90% of the movie. Asgard stuff was very good, the Earth stuff was ehhhh.

I think that Ridley could do it, BUT he's a grumpy old man so he'll be stubborn and heads'll clash. Guy Ritchie could but you're also gonna get some wacky a$$ supporting characters. Wachowski siblings but they can't go nowhere near the sequel.

Fuqua
Cameron and at least Wakanda will be beautiful.
Mario Van Peeples
Charles S Dutton
Forest Whitaker
RZA but he can't touch the script