Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
tumblr_on350sp8YJ1qdpinno4_540.jpg

tumblr_on350sp8YJ1qdpinno2_540.jpg
look at the chick to the left, the fuk is wrong with the casting department fukin hell

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Maybe she's the best actor for the job breh :comeon:
She's probably Shuri or QDJ.
come on dude this ain't Shakespeare they could find a million women for whichever role she's playing. They seemed hard pressed to cast someone as attractive as Bassett, so something is definitely up

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
come on dude this ain't Shakespeare they could find a million women for whichever role she's playing. They seemed hard pressed to cast someone as attractive as Bassett, so something is definitely up
:patrice:
:jbhmm:

Its gotta be that she's just that good of an actress breh. Sometimes they cast actor's who they feel are about to breakout and want to already secure them in a role. Look at Kaluuya. They signed him before Get Out even came out and now dude is about to be a star. Ole girl is supposed to be one of leads in an upcoming Speilberg movie. So they know what they're doing.

I get what you're saying...

However, Disney doesn't make mistakes in terms of casting.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:patrice:
:jbhmm:

Its gotta be that she's just that good of an actress breh. Sometimes they cast actor's who they feel are about to breakout and want to already secure them in a role. Look at Kaluuya. They signed him before Get Out even came out and now dude is about to be a star. Ole girl is supposed to be one of leads in an upcoming Speilberg movie. So they know what they're doing.

I get what you're saying...

However, Disney doesn't make mistakes in terms of casting.
does marvel/Netflix count?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OK, so I read the latest issues (Illegally downloaded it because fukk giving Coates any of my money) and I can honestly say it's the best issue so far. There's no action at all (shocking I know) but it's not filled with continually T'Challa bashing with no retort.

It's still obvious that T'Challa is the character Coates is least interested in handling, everybody else gets more attention and care during this issue. Often it feels like T'Challa is just giving exposition rather than talking like a normal person and much of what he says is still "I suck at being king, I'm a failure".

The big problems I have with this issue is that Coates wasted a ton of time putting something in place....that was already in place. Basically T'Challa is still king but there's a tribal council made up of the heads of various tribes in Wakanda.......Which is something that already fukking existed!!!

The whole thing with Aneka was fukking weak. Given what we know it still makes no fukking sense for her to be so upset with T'Challa. We never got any real sense of what everyday Wakandans felt about the Royal Family, it's just a bunch of people with personal beefs deciding what's best for everyone under he guise of "revolution".

Coates still has T'Challa on that "I don't want to be King" bullshyt and it still rings hollow as fukk. He's also failed completely at establishing a genuine friendship between Manifold and T'Challa. Manifold is just there to be a fukking Taxi, and he's involved in shyt he really shouldn't be, he's just there because Coates liked the character.

So yeah, best issue of the run by far but it in no way justifies all the bullshyt that came before it. It's not a good enough final issue to give anything that came before a pass.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Wait, you talking about Letitia Wright, what do you have against her?

teacher

All Star
Daps
I thought with bp#12 Coates did a good job tying up the king thing taking from Hickman new avenger when t'challa bi*tched out blowing up the other earth. Why else would a king question his position unless he felt he could live up to the same level of the passed kings. Nobody wants to be the one that was the worst in history lol. But shuri is right you are king you can do whatever you want and make new rules :yeshrug:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I thought with bp#12 Coates did a good job tying up the king thing taking from Hickman new avenger when t'challa bi*tched out blowing up the other earth. Why else would a king question his position unless he felt he could live up to the same level of the passed kings. Nobody wants to be the one that was the worst in history lol. But shuri is right you are king you can do whatever you want and make new rules :yeshrug:

Indeed. I understood why T'Challa eventually didn't use the bomb in NA #21, but I had very little sympathy for him being that he cosigned the bomb path from the jump. This issue helped softened my stance on T'Challa's decision.

The way I read it in BP #12, T'Challa isn't saying that he straight up isn't competent to rule by general standards. He obviously is. Problem is, he's comparing himself directly to T'Chaka and the previous BPs and those dude could be on some super ruthless shyt. Ultimately, T'Challa ain't that type of dude and the previous BPs chastised him for it in the Hickman run.

Hence Shuri telling T'Challa to let the dead kings be, do his own thing and set a new standard. Better for T'Challa to forge his own path, independent of his predecessors, than him looking over his shoulder and compare himself over and over to folks who been dead for a minute and whose time has past.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
They need to stop doing that Storm shyt already its just lame and it makes T'challa look like a simp

Did you guys read the letters page :heh: