Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Yea, I don't know why the hell he went out there dolo with no backup, that shyt was reckless and straight up stupid. Anything happens to him, and Wakanda goes up to flames. And indeed, he didn't prepare for possibly misdiagnosing Zenzi's powers.
Is it possible that Coates doesn't know the character well?

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Is it possible that Coates doesn't know the character well?

Ehhh, based on everything I've heard from Coates, it def appears he's done his research, via reading the previous runs. I guess he's giving his own twist to T'Challa, something--in fairness to him--every writer has done in some way, shape, or form.

The question now is, will people like it? Personal opinions on the premise aside, the story in of itself is actually good, but I'm currently on the fence with T'Challa's portrayal.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Ehhh, based on everything I've heard from Coates, it def appears he's done his research, via reading the previous runs. I guess he's giving his own twist to T'Challa, something--in fairness to him--every writer has done in some way, shape, or form.

The question now is, will people like it? Personal opinions on the premise aside, the story in of itself is actually good, but I'm currently on the fence with T'Challa's portrayal.
The story is shaping up but I have a feeling he's trying to compromise T'challa to tell a good story.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
CiLrHEkW0AAbP59.jpg

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Ok someone called them his bodyguard

They are both. They are bodyguards for T'Challa and, under Wakandan tradition, are technically potential wives.

T'Challa does not fukk with that tradition so they serve as bodyguards full-time.

EDIT: The movie will prolly drop the potential wives shyt. It isn't needed at all.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
They are both. They are bodyguards for T'Challa and, under Wakandan tradition, are technically potential wives.

T'Challa does fukk with that tradition so they serve as bodyguards full-time.

EDIT: The movie will prolly drop the potential wives shyt. It isn't needed at all.

Hell the comics have more or less dropped the "wives in training" angle as well. It's not something T'Challa cares for in the slightest.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Hell the comics have more or less dropped the "wives in training" angle as well. It's not something T'Challa cares for in the slightest.

Indeed, he never rolled with it and the comics haven't touched on that in a loooooonnnnngg time.

EDIT; Corrected my previous post, which made it seem as is T'Challa is down for that tradition. He obviously isnt.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Can somebody help a Breh like me get my Black Panther game up to par? I haven't read #2 yet but I don't just want recent stuff I wanna know the good word of T'Challa...

TEACH ME

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Lupita Nyong'o in Talks to Star in 'Black Panther' (Exclusive)

gettyimages-528312644-h_2016.jpg

Ryan Coogler, who wrote and directed 'Creed,' is helming the comic book movie as well as writing the script.

Lupita Nyong'o, who won an Oscar for her performance in 12 years a Slave, is in negotiations to star opposite Chadwick Boseman in Marvel Studios’ Black Panther.

Ryan Coogler, who wrote and directed Creed, is helming the comic book movie as well as writing the script.

Boseman and Black Panther were introduced in Captain America: Civil War, which crossed the $700 million worldwide mark in under a week and a half.

The character, whose name is T’Challa, is the warrior king of Wakanda, Marvel’s fictional African nation that is rich in an unbreakable alloy called vibranium.

N’yongo’s character has not been revealed although she will be the Panther’s love interest.

Panther has a February 2, 2018 release date with production aiming to start in early 2017.

N’yongo last appeared as the alien Maz Kanata in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and lent her voice for the wolf Raksha in The Jungle Book. She is also attached to star in DreamWorks’ Intelligent Life, a sci-fi drama currently seeking a director.

She is repped by CAA.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Lupita Nyong'o in Talks to Star in 'Black Panther' (Exclusive)

gettyimages-528312644-h_2016.jpg

Ryan Coogler, who wrote and directed 'Creed,' is helming the comic book movie as well as writing the script.

Lupita Nyong'o, who won an Oscar for her performance in 12 years a Slave, is in negotiations to star opposite Chadwick Boseman in Marvel Studios’ Black Panther.

Ryan Coogler, who wrote and directed Creed, is helming the comic book movie as well as writing the script.

Boseman and Black Panther were introduced in Captain America: Civil War, which crossed the $700 million worldwide mark in under a week and a half.

The character, whose name is T’Challa, is the warrior king of Wakanda, Marvel’s fictional African nation that is rich in an unbreakable alloy called vibranium.

N’yongo’s character has not been revealed although she will be the Panther’s love interest.

Panther has a February 2, 2018 release date with production aiming to start in early 2017.

N’yongo last appeared as the alien Maz Kanata in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and lent her voice for the wolf Raksha in The Jungle Book. She is also attached to star in DreamWorks’ Intelligent Life, a sci-fi drama currently seeking a director.

She is repped by CAA.

I'm 100% all for Lupita to be in the film.

But as the Love interest role?!?!?!:why::why:

Breh....Marvel better stop playing and give her the Shuri role, NOW!!!!:ufdup:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
its said she only gets voice over role or slaves, happy she got this now.
although they pretty much have to because every african american actress in hollywood is horrible at african accents.
May as well cast her as storm too.