Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Score was classic, but wonder if Raphael should get a shot with the sequel..
Speaking of Black Panther, you would have been a great person to do a score for the film. Not to take away from Ludwig Göransson’s score, but what would you have done differently?

I guess I would’ve given more of a presence in the score to sound a little more ethnic and not just sound like a superhero movie completely. But the story was so great that it really didn’t matter. It was probably hard to make a movie like that. With the script, acting, and the actors, wardrobe, and then once you get to the music, you just want it to be done. That’s how most productions are. I would’ve probably made it a little more high energy. There would’ve been a couple of surprises. I don’t know what those surprises would have been. But with something like that, when you sit in front of a film like that, it’s so beautiful how they shot it. You see so many images of so many beautiful people. I couldn’t say [how I’d make it different], unless I was in a room with an orchestra and I was writing these parts. It would’ve definitely had come out different.

But, I didn’t watch it from that angle. The kid from Oakland that directed it [Ryan Coogler] went to school with my brother. I was just so happy for him. Everyday I just wake up smiling and laughing. It’s so beautiful that he talked about my city, Oakland, in the beginning [of the film], he talked about gentrification in the end, buying the building and helping the kids. I was so stoked from all of that stuff, I couldn’t even think about scoring when I watched it.
Raphael Saadiq talks about his new album, Oscar nomination, and ‘Black Panther’

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Man what the fukk is up with Disney and the audio on their discs.

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
In what way? Not killing BP?:ohhh:
Yep :sadcam:

In other news...

According to Metro's sources, Black Panther director and co-writer Ryan Coogler is reportedly trying to enlist Glover as a villain in Black Panther 2.

"Ryan Coogler is currently mapping out Black Panther’s sequel and has written in a number of new characters that movie-goers will be introduced to when it premieres," said the source, according to Metro. "One of those characters, if he gets his wish, will be played by Childish Gambino. Nothing is set in stone but 'informal talks' [are happening] between Ryan, Gambino and reps from Marvel and Disney to see if they can make it happen."

He's also reportedly in talks with his longtime collaborator, Michael B. Jordan, to return for the sequel as well.

"They’re still yet to decide if Michael B. Jordan will return in some capacity but if he doesn’t it’s likely Gambino may play some kind of villain," said the source.

Ryan Coogler Reportedly in 'Black Panther 2' Talks With Donald Glover and Michael B. Jordan
full

Spirit of Marcus Garvey, Farad Muhammad
Medgar Evars and Bob Marley, I'm God-Body

The scripture says Allah's inside me, show love
I was hugged by the arms of Gandhi, gave me my strength
You could tell somebody raised me with sense