Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
Saw it again during the snowstorm in NY, it was just me and a white couple in the whole theater.

Little things I missed the first time

-The father talking to his son in the beginning was Killmonger’s dad talking to him.
-the museum curator showing signs of poisoning before dying
-Killmonger calling Zuri “Uncle James” (his codename) before he stabbed him
-the female Jabari during the final battle
-The giant gorilla statue in the Jabari’s land (idk how I missed that :snoop:)
-when Killmonger went to the ancestral plane in his pops apartment the outside was purple like how it was for T’challa
-T’challa calling Killmonger ‘N'Jadaka’ when he makes his return for the final battle.

Seeing it for a second time after the hype died down made me more objective about it, I have it at #3 behind Winter Soldier and GOTG.

The fighting scenes were slightly lackluster besides the giant battle at the end, and Killmonger vs T’challa.

Still an excellent film, they just gotta tighten up the fighting choreography for the sequel.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
A lot though?

:mjcry:
The impactful part of his line wasn't the bury me in the ocean part. It was the ancestors who jumped from slave ships part. It showed that even back then there were people like him who rather die then be held in bondage. That's a powerful message.

Taking that part out and just saying "bury me in the ocean ....with my ancestors" makes it seem like we used to do ocean burials like vikings or something.

Plus saying "they knew death was better" without the context of bondage makes no sense. The audience would be like, better than what?

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps
The impactful part of his line wasn't the bury me in the ocean part. It was the ancestors who jumped from slave ships part. It showed that even back then there were people like him who rather die then be held in bondage. That's a powerful message.

Taking that part out and just saying "bury me in the ocean ....with my ancestors" makes it seem like we used to do ocean burials like vikings or something.

Plus saying "they knew death was better" without the context of bondage makes no sense. The audience would be like, better than what?
shyts hilarious. shawty was going off, talking about "shyt is wack, shyt is this, shyt is that, it should be said like this: insert- some cheese infested bull shyt".. ppl need to stay in there lanes.
the same goes 4 them clowns over-critiquing Micheal B performance as Killmonger. saying he didn't do this, he didn't do that. Yet had Killmonger was depicted as they wanted, Killmonger would be out here sounding like Braxton P Hartnabrigg.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
shyts hilarious. shawty was going off, talking about "shyt is wack, shyt is this, shyt is that, it should be said like this: insert- some cheese infested bull shyt".. ppl need to stay in there lanes.
the same goes 4 them clowns over-critiquing Micheal B performance as Killmonger. saying he didn't do this, he didn't do that. Yet had Killmonger was depicted as they wanted, Killmonger would be out here sounding like Braxton P Hartnabrigg.
I say broham i'd rather be buried in the ocean than held captive under your tyranny.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Saw it again during the snowstorm in NY, it was just me and a white couple in the whole theater.

Little things I missed the first time

-The father talking to his son in the beginning was Killmonger’s dad talking to him.
-the museum curator showing signs of poisoning before dying
-Killmonger calling Zuri “Uncle James” (his codename) before he stabbed him
-the female Jabari during the final battle
-The giant gorilla statue in the Jabari’s land (idk how I missed that :snoop:)
-when Killmonger went to the ancestral plane in his pops apartment the outside was purple like how it was for T’challa
-T’challa calling Killmonger ‘N'Jadaka’ when he makes his return for the final battle.

Seeing it for a second time after the hype died down made me more objective about it, I have it at #3 behind Winter Soldier and GOTG.

The fighting scenes were slightly lackluster besides the giant battle at the end, and Killmonger vs T’challa.

Still an excellent film, they just gotta tighten up the fighting choreography for the sequel.

:wtf:

I’ll let you slide with Winter Solder but GOTG 1? Electric sliding to beat the final villain? :scusthov:

but

IMO the relatablility of BP destroy all comic movies so it really isn’t close for me....BP is the only comic movie I saw 4 times and each time I see it I’m not like hurry up lets get to the ‘good’ parts.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

I’ll let you slide with Winter Solder but GOTG 1? Electric sliding to beat the final villain? :scusthov:

but

IMO the relatablility of BP destroy all comic movies so it really isn’t close for me....BP is the only comic movie I saw 4 times and each time I see it I’m not like hurry up lets get to the ‘good’ parts.
While I wish the fights were better (primarily because it would dead all the noise about there being a better Marvel film. There are more enjoyable films...not sure when factoring everything there is a better one imo)

I agree with you tho. The movie has so much more interesting stuff going on instead of rushing to the next action beat.

Code

Banned
Daps
Black Panther reaches 104M in China

0MZ0W1OleOADZ2WXFAL2UO281DQgqBrC7kLWmt4ZLQ8.png

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

but

Same. I went into BP expecting a dope comic book film with a majority black cast and was wowed when I got way more then I thought. Killmonger and the themes they touched on shocked me.

The whole movie was good. I loved almost every single part. The ONLY part I wish was a tad bit better was the lighting in the first scene with the refugees and the final fight. Other than that the movie moved along perfectly.