GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did Marvel make a mistake by casting an older T’Challa?

Chadwick is 40 or 41. But I guess the heart shaped herb is like the HGH of Wakanda. :manny:

breh Robert Downey Jr. was 43 when the first iron man movie came out by the time Chadwick is 43 he will have appeared as T'challa/black panther in civil war, black panther, avengers 3&4 and probably be finishing up filming black panther 2 by the time he is 43... see how much mileage he has left playing black panther/T'Challa

we've got plenty of Chadwick Boseman in the cat suit left in this version of The MCU unless he gets board with role and hangs 'em up early to go get them Oscar hunting role's

Last edited:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why? When most of his fighting will be cgi'd in a suit? As t'challa he has the presence of a king a younger actor would look like an interim just keeping the throne warm like b jordan. Just seems like another RDJ scenario only chadwick has that melanin advantage

Robert Downey was cast as Iron Man ten years ago and he was 42. He’s also a cac that looked every bit of 42. Chadwick will be fine.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Black Panther Shrine is complete :blessed:
y4mUmFE8-P599PdmXc8tSZiy1uNzwftEgLNKhcmR1RIMipNyRqtuIrVjVZ7dRSpU-CQCVGjojvMqwNyk2VHboD-YCBfNOWnpIYdyI6W-ZeAP2sS3ZxiFfuSQ6qnjBIOX_0I55oHWNYvCWS33sv2c-pTnhqCRl-RQpEoAt5-KpSrdX6K-z0Wan77aCCiRVyI7-TKhLwdfJ4MI1Xj60BkCfvIKg
yea that’s me in the paper....first 3 comic signatures free after that $5 each :youngsabo: if this gets some traction maybe I can be in the sequel. Queen Divine’s boyfriend :ohhh:

Last edited:

Code

Banned
Daps
She's going to appear in other MCU films not just Black Panther, so other directors/writers might be interested in pairing them up.

They would never do that because they're not retarded, this isn't star wars :dead:

That pairing would piss off black and white audiences giving marvel their biggest flop ever

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
@MooseMouthMthafuga @flo @Diasporan Royalty @hex @Primetime

At 1hr 8 min is a good listen about MBJ's performance in Black Panther.
‘Creed’ With Bill Simmons, Wesley Morris, Sean Fennessey, and K. Austin Collins
They do like his performance but have some thoughts.
-Mentioned how when he shares a scene with Boseman or actors more seasoned than him you can see that there are some layers missing.
- He's at 10 all the time. Mentioned how Stallone in Creed wasn't, but had so much gravitas.
- How every other actor in Black Panther is a classically trained actor. Mentioned Winston Duke.
- Would like to see him working with other great directors. Learn some new things and then come back to Coogler.
- However, the choice of the character is like Boyz N the Hood (Tre?) if they were to be conditioned through the military.
- Also, you can make the case that Jordan is actually the avatar for Ryan Coogler.
- People talk about the lack of refinement of Jordan in comparison to the other actors. However, it resembles how Coogler is with interviews, etc. Where he just who he is.
- An outsider to the whats the expected norm, but who is not going to change who he is. That's the same with the choices they went for the character.

I think in their discussion that they are right. People can talk about if MBJ's performance works for them or not. Most agree that the characterization is strong. MBJ's performance is a reflection of Ryan Coogler and the choices they went with.

That's why it worked for me. Cause he adds a different dimension to the rest of the film/characters. Boseman is the subtle and polish. MBJ is pure energy and lack of refinement adds to the character. That helps with the ying and yang. The lack of layers (as an actor) goes along with the things he missed out on as a character.

Imo MBJ would have struggled with no Coogler, but with Coogler it works and has the best brought out of him.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I thought MBJ did very well and how they formulated MCU Erik was just superb writing by Ryan and Robert. That said, I felt Boseman gave an acting clinic in carrying the movie but how great he was and how he elevated his cast in shared scenes may not be as apparent at first because the movie is meant for both a theater crowd experience and independent viewing.

If you watch it with a responsive theater crowd, Winston, Letitia, and MBJ have the best one-liners and punch lines; laugh out loud comedic moments, and that's credit to their great delivery. But watch it with an older, laid back/grandma crowd... or just by yourself... and you notice how well the film still holds up even without the "cue audience applause" moments.. and a lot of that is the great acting by Chad giving the film a very strong foundation.

Really the entire cast did a great job of transitioning from comedic to serious again.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Why? When most of his fighting will be cgi'd in a suit? As t'challa he has the presence of a king a younger actor would look like an interim just keeping the throne warm like b jordan. Just seems like another RDJ scenario only chadwick has that melanin advantage
Regardless if cgi dude don't look 40 yrs old. Dude can be 50 and still pull this off, I thought he was in his early 30s. Black don't crack.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps

I wonder where this will go:mjpls:

1418.gif

The comments in this article annoy me just as much as the topic. People want her to be Riri? Why the fukk would she step down from a royal platform to a fukking disciple of a white dude that she's smarter than? :beli:
Black Panther Shrine is complete :blessed:
y4mUmFE8-P599PdmXc8tSZiy1uNzwftEgLNKhcmR1RIMipNyRqtuIrVjVZ7dRSpU-CQCVGjojvMqwNyk2VHboD-YCBfNOWnpIYdyI6W-ZeAP2sS3ZxiFfuSQ6qnjBIOX_0I55oHWNYvCWS33sv2c-pTnhqCRl-RQpEoAt5-KpSrdX6K-z0Wan77aCCiRVyI7-TKhLwdfJ4MI1Xj60BkCfvIKg
yea that’s me in the paper....first 3 comics free after that $5 each :youngsabo: if this gets some traction maybe I can be in the sequel. Queen Divine’s boyfriend :ohhh:

That set up is clean as fukk breh :salute: