hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think the sequel would have to do much, much less than the first "BP" for this to even be a factor. I'm talking, 50-75% of what the first one made. Which isn't likely. Anyone complaining about anything above that (like "AOU", which did around $100,000 less than the first movie) is just nitpicking.

Another thing people need to take into account is the more success this movie has, the more likely it is that BP will be integral to the MCU moving forward. The final 3rd act of "Infinity War" already takes place in Wakanda, and they planned that before this movie was breaking records left and right.

Fred.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Coogler and Coates rappin with each other at the end of Black Panther #170
VTLO8m3.jpg

m5kUwu4.jpg

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
If the villain in the sequel aint a Black man (or woman) with righteous goals, then that will be a fail for the sequel.
One thing I wanna know though: how did Howard Stark smuggle vibranium out of Wakanda without getting fukked up?
They could weave that backstory into a sequel if theyre clever.

He didn't. It was a meteor. So parts of it was probably scattered all over. The impact field stretched beyond Wakanda.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
It's not going to fall below 1 billion in ticket receipts.

And at the end of the day, Marvel's expectations are the only ones that matters because they decide of sequels and spinoffs will happen.

BP2 won't flop because Feige knows how to catch fire in a bottle and harness it. It's why the Russo Brothers are still with Marvel.

But like I said before, Killmonger will be hard to top. He set the bar high for the next villain.

I dont think $800M+ a flop though.....

Thats not me who was saying silly shyt like Spiderman and GOTG2 who made $800M flopped this past year.

Martha

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I dont think $800M+ a flop though.....

Thats not me who was saying silly shyt like Spiderman and GOTG2 who made $800M flopped this past year.

Martha

The difference between those movies and BP is that Black Panther was more than a movie. It was a movement. :wow:

And the next one not dropping for another 4 years.

In addition, the popularity of some of the characters will make it hard for them not to have them make cameo's in future movies.

Civil War was the introduction. BP was the coming out party. Both were tests that the were passed easily. I don't see a significant drop off with the sequel.

I think with Guardians, they didn't really do much different from the first one. The anticipation was high as well as the expectations.

The biggest difference though is that the Guardians and Civil War didn't have much hype leading up to its release. BP had a ton of expectations and it was a rare moment where it actually lived up to the hype. Not only that, it left people wanting more which is why there have been multiple viewings.

The only way this movie flops is if Coogler doesn't come back and the cast different people to play the same characters.

And if they put Storm in it :hubie:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The difference between those movies and BP is that Black Panther was more than a movie. It was a movement. :wow:

And the next one not dropping for another 4 years.

In addition, the popularity of some of the characters will make it hard for them not to have them make cameo's in future movies.

Civil War was the introduction. BP was the coming out party. Both were tests that the were passed easily. I don't see a significant drop off with the sequel.

I think with Guardians, they didn't really do much different from the first one. The anticipation was high as well as the expectations.

The biggest difference though is that the Guardians and Civil War didn't have much hype leading up to its release. BP had a ton of expectations and it was a rare moment where it actually lived up to the hype. Not only that, it left people wanting more which is why there have been multiple viewings.

The only way this movie flops is if Coogler doesn't come back and the cast different people to play the same characters.

And if they put Storm in it :hubie:

man thats the one thing i hate about this universe, we gotta wait forever for a sequel

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I finally saw this. I thought the characters were some of the strongest in any marvel movie. You cared about all of them and they were all likeable. I just thought the story was incredibly weak and the marvelism were of course everywhere. Pacing was spotty. The CGI especially near the end was unbearable. And I’m sorry but Michael B Jordan is a very weak actor.

Last edited:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know if you listening to where I time stamped the vid.

But he said T'Challa should have lost to M'Baku and had to struggle to be king the whole movie.

Somebody in the comment section said he basically described/wanted the first Thor movie :pachaha:

:dwillhuh:

Lose to M'Baku? How does that make any sense? and then what would you do with Killmonger?

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
man thats the one thing i hate about this universe, we gotta wait forever for a sequel
But that's why Marvel continues to win, they're not going to just throw out a sequel to capitalize off of a hit. They take their time to tell the story the right way, although I think Black Widow might be an unavoidable flop.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
But that's why Marvel continues to win, they're not going to just throw out a sequel to capitalize off of a hit. They take their time to tell the story the right way, although I think Black Widow might be an unavoidable flop.

nah
its not like they would need a big budget unless they include like the hulk or whatever in it.
i mean it would be like red sparrow and the budget for that was 60 mill

i wouldn't mind marvel going that route with like black widow/hawkeye etc. smaller budget films