O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Lol @ slightly fukked up. He’s extremely short sighted. You have aliens attacking earth. I think his issues should take a back seat.

But the problem is we are trying to elevate an allegory from a comic book into a serious conversation.
Their tech is on par with alien tech and honestly, we haven't seen a fukking alien since the first avengers

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yo... So I ducked and dodged most the threads about this movie and finally got to see it today.

WOW... Not what I expected.. From an emotional standpoint. The first half was dope, typical marvel movie with some great action scenes, great introduction of characters, great view of Wakanda, etc..

Movie didn't become POWERFUL to me until the second half with Killmonger. Everyone knows the scene I'm talking about. Dude was a villain but not even really a villain. My eyes watered up a bit once he was defeated in the end.

Theater wasn't crowded at all.. But mostly everyone black stood up and clapped.

Killmonger was the unapologetic star of the film... And thats tough to say because everyone crushed their parts. Dopest movie I've seen in a long time and easily the best Marvel movie.

I'm honestly going to go see it again either this weekend or next.

Of course some white people were there and you can tell SOME were looking like "It was ok but it wasn't better than Captain America" like the c00nette @WHIPPEDCream's boyfriend. You can tell some parts made them uncomfortable.

But Killmonger is fukking inspirational. His views were slightly fukked up but he wasn't entirely incorrect. He was more so a villain because of his hatred for BP but he wasn't racist. Notice how he was saying they were going to give power to all the impoverished people EVERYWHERE.

I would say Winter Soldier MIGHT have SLIGHTLY better fight/action scenes, and I would GOTG was definitely funnierand sillier, but this movie was just more powerful with the hint of cheesiness that comes in most Marvel movies.

9.8/10.. Best Marvel movie ever and probably one of the best movies ever PERIOD. I never felt emotional over a Marvel movie like this.. It was just a mixture of shyt that was crazy to experience...

Chick who played Shuri is bad af too

My eyes got watery the first time T'Challa met T'Chaka in the afterlife, when Erik met his dad (it was brilliant how they cut back and forth between young Erik and adult Erik) and when Killmonger got stabbed up and was telling T'Challa about growing up in Oakland. shyt was real emotional for a comic book movie :mjcry:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Jeez, this was some good casting. Him and Chadwick look damn near similar.

That was my first thought in the movie. They really look like they could be father and son.

NKRr_PiUk74l.jpg

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Their tech is on par with alien tech and honestly, we haven't seen a fukking alien since the first avengers
The two ships that had agent ross’ ship looked like planes from the fleet from guardians of the galaxy

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
My eyes got watery the first time T'Challa met T'Chaka in the afterlife, when Erik met his dad (it was brilliant how they cut back and forth between young Erik and adult Erik) and when Killmonger got stabbed up and was telling T'Challa about growing up in Oakland. shyt was real emotional for a comic book movie :mjcry:
You spoiling like shyt.

But when he his father said "Stand up YOU'RE A KING." :mjcry:

I'm not ready to be without you :sadcam:

Then the music at 2:50 kicks in :to:

The Killmonger dream too :wow:

The duality between fathers and sons throughout this movie...

T'Challa and T'Chaka hugged when they met. He told him to be a man.

Killmonger heard his father's voice and it reduced him to a child.

T'Challa was in tears over his father.

Killmonger's dad said "No tears for me?" :mjcry:

Young Killmonger like everybody dies around here.

T'Challa finds out later about what are his father's regrets.

Killmonger's father straight up tells him he regrets not taking him home and that he failed him.

Neither perfect. But both powerful exactly because of that. So real...can't believe this was in a comic book movie :wow:

Last edited:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
idk breh, the way killmonger was going, thanos may have had to fall back :wow:

Man all I know is, the guy is coming through with 2 infinity stones and leaving with 2 more, one of which controls time and I don't even know what kind of fukkery he's gonna perform to get that shyt off Doctor Strange of all people. Like if Dormamu couldn't figure something out to overpower Strange what the fukk is Thanos about to do to get it. The thought alone makes him more terrifying than Kilmonger imo lol