Official Black Panther Film Thread (SPOILERS)

jackson35

Banned
Daps
:scust: at losing the ritual fade and your throne fair and square (even after Zuri's interference), and then condoning a civil war among Wakadans, all to prevent the liberation of Afrikans across the globe.

Then, not only that, but to give away your advantages and knowledge to colonizers, leveling the playing field so they can commit more crimes in the future.

What else could be expected from a film made by a colonizer studio though? :scusthov:
you do know that wakanda in the storyline is part of the united nations right? you do know that since he opened a school, he has to be transparent with his resources since it will play a big part of the school

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
hot-toys-black-panther-t-chaka-collectible-figure_pr21.jpg

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Watching this movie, again. Boy, the writing is so dope.

Everything happens for a reason.

--- W'Kabi runs into Killmonger with a dead Klaw to show he deep his pain was.

--- Zuri interrupts the fight and gets killed after being called "Uncle James" to show how much he trusted him and must feel betrayed

--- The Dora asks if anything can be done as T'Challa is clearly losing, but, at the beginning of the fight T'Challa was so cocky... THIS IS YA'LL TRADITION

--- The Jarobi save his life because they are so traditional that there fisherman were in the right place to find his body

--- As sad as Okoye was, her adherents to tradition was questioned at the lowest moment in the film by Nakia, to show how big that push and pull was

The analysis of this movie shows the problem with identity politics in the real world. Everyone was just mad "their side" didn't win the idealogy war and felt they were slighted

• T'Challa was a c**n
  • The Dora's were too heterosexual
  • Killmonger was right
  • Black revolution was demonized

It was clear T'Chaka was coming around on world outreach...Sidebar, correct me if I'm wrong, but, they NEVER meantion the Sakava incident in the film, just King T'Chaka's death...

T'Challa is not a black American. He just didn't know. Through Kilmongers performance two things were accomphised;

1. An extremely powerful account of the black American experience in America
  2. T'Challa--though African--was presented as an outsider that had his eyes open
I'm as cynical as they come, but, I'm okay with racism being over, basically, in the MCU. With gods, green monsters and an advanced African race, just how? Don't answer that :laugh:

Even Yvette Carnell (who's team Kilmonger) gets it wrong because she sees this film through the lens of her idealogy. She forgets T'Challa used the power of gov't to address black issues. She gets on AADOS fantasy of armed conflict as they afterwards go back to their deskjob working for a white man :laugh:.

Kilmonger was so crazy, he forgot that he'd have a kid that may have to take over and protect the throne with the power of King of Wakanda/Black Panther.

I didn't trust him.

Anyway,

just a dope movie, breh

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER

--- Zuri interrupts the fight and gets killed after being called "Uncle James" to show how much he trusted him and must feel betrayed

--- The Dora asks if anything can be done as T'Challa is clearly losing, but, at the beginning of the fight T'Challa was so cocky... THIS IS YA'LL TRADITION

--- The Jarobi save his life because they are so traditional that there fisherman were in the right place to find his body

--- As sad as Okoye was, her adherents to tradition was questioned at the lowest moment in the film by Nakia, to show how big that push and pull was

The analysis of this movie shows the problem with identity politics in the real world. Everyone was just mad "their side" didn't win the idealogy war and felt they were slighted

• T'Challa was a c**n
  • Killmonger was right

It was clear T'Chaka was coming around on world outreach...Sidebar, correct me if I'm wrong, but, they NEVER meantion the Sakava incident in the film, just King T'Chaka's death...

T'Challa is not a black American. He just didn't know. Through Kilmongers performance two things were accomphised;

2. T'Challa--though African--was presented as an outsider that had his eyes open
I'm as cynical as they come, but, I'm okay with racism being over, basically, in the MCU. With gods, green monsters and an advanced African race, just how? Don't answer that :laugh:

Even Yvette Carnell (who's team Kilmonger) gets it wrong because she sees this film through the lens of her idealogy. She forgets T'Challa used the power of gov't to address black issues. She gets on AADOS fantasy of armed conflict as they afterwards go back to their deskjob working for a white man :laugh:.

Kilmonger was so crazy, he forgot that he'd have a kid that may have to take over and protect the throne with the power of King of Wakanda/Black Panther.

I didn't trust him.

Anyway,

just a dope movie, breh

jackson35

Banned
Daps

• T'Challa was a c**n
  • Killmonger was right

I didn't trust him.

Anyway,

just a dope movie, breh
doesn't sound like the same movie that all of us saw.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Movie:
  • Critically acclaimed movie.
  • Black Panther is tied with The Incredibles as the highest-rated superhero movie on Rotten Tomatoes (97%).
  • Black Panther is the highest-rated live-action superhero movie on Metacritic (88).
  • A+ CinemaScore (The Avengers is the only other CBM to get an A+ CinemaScore).
  • Highest-grossing solo superhero movie of all time (WW).
  • Highest-grossing superhero movie of all time (DOM).
  • Third movie in history to hit $700 million domestically.
  • Fifth movie ever to break the $200 million mark during its opening weekend.
  • Biggest February debut of all time.
  • First movie since Avatar to spend five consecutive weeks at top of box office.
  • Domestic: $700M.
  • Worldwide: $1.3B.
    etc.

Soundtrack:
  • Critically acclaimed soundtrack.
  • The score was also acclaimed due to its authentic African elements and thematic material.
  • #1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart (#1 for three weeks).
  • Certified Platinum in the US.
  • Over 1.4M units sold WW.
    etc.

WAKANDA FOREVER!

5L2fHzt.gif