Official Black Lightning Season 1 Thread

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
latest

Cress Williams has been cast as the titular star of CW's Black Lightning live-action series, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Black Lightning (a.k.a. Jefferson Pierce) is a retired superhero who is pulled back into action when his daughter is recruited by a local gang.

Williams is a 20+-year TV veteran, having played roles in Beverly Hills: 90210, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and more recently, CW's Hart of Dixie. The German-born actor also has some comic book adaptations on his resume, playing Baron Sunday in Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.

The CW has not finalized a debut date for Black Lightning

Report: CW's BLACK LIGHTNING Cast

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
@MartyMcFly Why are folks calling Cress Williams, Scooter?
his 'living single' character
living single breh
I don't think I've ever sat down & watched a whole episode of "Living Single", so I didn't know he was on that show. I know Cress from:

1. Playing College Basketball player D'shawn Hardell on 90's "Beverly Hills 90210"
2. Playing Wallace's dad on "Veronica Mars"
3. Playing Michael B. Jordan's dad on "Friday Night Lights" the tv show
4. Playing 1 of the main characters on "Hart of Dixie"

:ehh: @prophecypro @Supreme Leader Reinscarf The CW stay feeding their actors.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I don't think I've ever sat down & watched a whole episode of "Living Single", so I didn't know he was on that show. I know Cress from:

1. Playing College Basketball player D'shawn Hardell on 90's "Beverly Hills 90210"

Being a CW alum is the goat your always guaranteed work.

Waiting for that Tom Welling as a dad on Riverdale one of these days

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Breh....all this pro black shyt you're on now and about uplifting the culture and how we need to support shyt and you're not on living single yet or at least an episode? Get on top of that man.

raw

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I don't think I've ever sat down & watched a whole episode of "Living Single", so I didn't know he was on that show. I know Cress Williams from:

Breh....all this pro black shyt you're on now and about uplifting the culture and how we need to support shyt and you're not on living single yet or at least an episode? Get on top of that man.

raw

:yeshrug: "The Cosby Show" & "A Different World" are a higher priority for me.

:jbhmm:Was "Living Single" really that big when it was on in the 90's? It didn't seem to have the same life in syndication that "Fresh Prince", "Martin", "The Cosby Show", & etc. had. I think that's a big reason I never really got into it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:yeshrug: "The Cosby Show" & "A Different World" are a higher priority for me.

:jbhmm:Was "Living Single" really that big when it was on in the 90's? It didn't seem to have the same life in syndication that "Fresh Prince", "Martin", "The Cosby Show", & etc. had. I think that's a big reason I never really got into it.

It was big. It was one of Fox's highest rated shows..Martin, Living Single, and NY Undercover put Fox on the map along with the simpsons and married with children and in living color. It's been on syndication on TV1 and Centric for years man. and before that, it was on Fox in syndication when they used to do that kinda thing. Not hard to get up with it homie, not hard at all