Official Black Lightning Season 1 Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@MartyMcFly

I wonder if all the CW shows on other networks have that CW backup clause or was it only Supergirl because CBS owns half of CW

I think super girl is a unique case because it was a berlanti show. I don't think it was a backup clause as much as it just made sense for him to take his show to a network he has a relationship with and yeah cbs owning CW helps I'm sure

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think super girl is a unique case because it was a berlanti show. I don't think it was a backup clause as much as it just made sense for him to take his show to a network he has a relationship with and yeah cbs owning CW helps I'm sure

yeah that CBS > CW move was the only way supergirl could be saved so I call it a backup clause..

Black Lightning is the guy from Young Justice that was gonna be Static's mentor

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
yeah that CBS > CW move was the only way supergirl could be saved so I call it a backup clause..

Black Lightning is the guy from Young Justice that was gonna be Static's mentor

You don't think berlanti and his clout had anything to do with it? CW passed on super girl initially

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
DC has HBO to their advantage, they only have one major showing running over their right now (GOT) and that's coming to an end.

But there was briefly a new 52 comic, and he was about to be apart of the Young Justice squad:mindblown:

Actually, yesterday Reddit dropped some rumors of Static being developed into a series at HBO then used for the DC movies after

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You don't think berlanti and his clout had anything to do with it? CW passed on super girl initially

Network Boss Explains Why The CW Passed on Supergirl

they didn't wanna be the superhero network .. which is exactly whats happening...
Lightning and the semi dead Titans and Krypton CAN NOT be on the CW if they don't want to be labeled..

they might be forced to move all the shows onto 1 or 2 days if they get more... call it DC Tuesday or whatever
the only day left is Friday.. then there's a show M-F @ 8 ...

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
static is stuck in milestone limbo

But there was briefly a new 52 comic, and he was about to be apart of the Young Justice squad:mindblown:

I think DC has static... some of the other characters are lost... that's why they pulled Rocket from Young Justice

DC has the book rights ... animation was another issue

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah cause he said they didn't want to become the comic book network.

Im saying this before I click on the article so is there more to it than that?

not much more but I'm saying that the back door in the contract was created I think because the CW didn't want to be a comic book network and with the WB / CBS relationship they let things happen. Remember things where saidn like the crossover was contingent upon CBS picking up the rest of the season and etc.. and the way the CW speculation started as soon as the season was over and with the "flashpoint" convenient ending that could merge the worlds together .. it just looks like to me... Greg and WB had an out clause

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
not much more but I'm saying that the back door in the contract was created I think because the CW didn't want to be a comic book network and with the WB / CBS relationship they let things happen. Remember things where saidn like the crossover was contingent upon CBS picking up the rest of the season and etc.. and the way the CW speculation started as soon as the season was over and with the "flashpoint" convenient ending that could merge the worlds together .. it just looks like to me... Greg and WB had an out clause

No I'm asking you is there an actual back door in the contract or are we just theorizing