Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i'm starting to realize why the democrats always seem to be losing the "policy/jobs" perception battle

the republicans' entire message is "we're gonna cut taxes and every business is gonna hire and jobs are gonna go up", and the dems never seem to have a message that sounds as good as that

they need to come up with some kind of counter to that message
Dems can never message past "Making the wealthy pay their fair share..."

Its the start but leaving it at that will eventually make people think "But if you tax businesses more wont they cut jobs?" They need to get to the point where they express "Making corporations pay more taxes might eat at their total profit, but it will open up money to for states to improve infrastructure, pay higher wages and create better conditions for small businesses to open and hire.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Biden is going to have to travel a little bit.

Yeah, the virtual show isnt gonna work forever. And he has to get out there before it looks like "He's only out here because Trump/Pence are out here :wtb:" He cant let them dictate the message. He can have a socially distanced town hall in rural areas of swing states where he answers questions from 20 or so people and delivers a 10 minute message. Go there for an hour and bounce to the next state

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Yeah, the virtual show isnt gonna work forever. And he has to get out there before it looks like "He's only out here because Trump/Pence are out here :wtb:" He cant let them dictate the message. He can have a socially distanced town hall in rural areas of swing states where he answers questions from 20 or so people and delivers a 10 minute message. Go there for an hour and bounce to the next state
Yeah the local media coverage helps

He’s been going into Pennsylvania cause it’s close obviously. But he needs to be in WI and MI constantly.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
i'm starting to realize why the democrats always seem to be losing the "policy/jobs" perception battle

the republicans' entire message is "we're gonna cut taxes and every business is gonna hire and jobs are gonna go up", and the dems never seem to have a message that sounds as good as that

they need to come up with some kind of counter to that message
And they never will because its an economic truth. However, we know unrestrained capitalism is a recipe for disaster for 99.5% of Americans and our government.

@THE MACHINE probably laid it out best but that's a very difficult theory to message to the average American.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He is but keep in mind that Pence is/was in a district they won by 20 points so they are feeling the pressure
I hear you but I dont believe most voters will go below the surface level of "I see Trump and Pence in Wisconsin but I never see Joe anywhere. I never see him answering questions. Trump gets flamed every interview but he doesnt appear afraid to answer tough questions." I still think its too much time left to stay indoors and assume you got it locked up. He can pretty much dictate the terms of his crowd and everything so he might as well take advantage of it. Not to mention it would be good to hear his plans from his mouth for once. Its better than hoping someone will go to your webpage or hear it from Kamala. They'll just assume he's a puppet for the "big bad mean radical left"

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I hear you but I dont believe most voters will go below the surface level of "I see Trump and Pence in Wisconsin but I never see Joe anywhere. I never see him answering questions. Trump gets flamed every interview but he doesnt appear afraid to answer tough questions." I still think its too much time left to stay indoors and assume you got it locked up. He can pretty much dictate the terms of his crowd and everything so he might as well take advantage of it. Not to mention it would be good to hear his plans from his mouth for once. Its better than hoping someone will go to your webpage or hear it from Kamala. They'll just assume he's a puppet for the "big bad mean radical left"
Yeah I’m not disagreeing. The fact that Pence is campaigning in a district they should win handily is an interesting note.

Big picture everyone should keep in mind that the incumbent is always going have the advantage and ability to campaign earlier. Biden needs to get going but he’s also not “behind” schedule with it.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I doubt that Romney is going to publicly endorse Joe Biden. Maybe, privately, Romney will vote for Biden but I think that Mitt will keep his vote secret and not publicly endorse anyone. He's obviously not voting for Trump though.

I think that he'll probably write his own name in, write-in John McCain or someone else lol.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt that Romney is going to publicly endorse Joe Biden. Maybe, privately, Romney will vote for Biden but I think that Mitt will keep his vote secret and not publicly endorse anyone. He's obviously not voting for Trump though.

I think that he'll probably write his own name in, write-in John McCain or someone else lol.
Which is very chicken shyt of him.