Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AyyyLmao

All Star
Daps
I voted Democrat down ballot. Texas is heavy on oil & gas, and the AOC's of the world making reckless statements about killing off the O&G industry scares a lot of folks down here.

EXACTLY. That right there is the reason we saw such a massive swing towards Trump from South Texas Hispanics. The amount of pipeliners down there is insane.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Biden openly talks of having no fossil fuel emissions by 2035

I work in O&G and that's basically an unspoken understanding. The majors are going towards renewables and wind energy. Maybe it's covid, but there's not much drilling going on in the Gulf right now. All of these major operators & smaller operators are doing life extensions on all of their assets. I think it's an ambitious goal to transition from O&G in 15 years, but it is a goal that we should work towards. A lot of the far left are trying to make the transition sooner, which is not reasonable for many reasons (economics and energy needs). We need to invest in more research & technology to transition off O&G because a lot of the renewables create as big or even bigger carbon footprints.