Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Biden running away with this right now. How long until they try and have him assassinated? :francis:
Why would you put that energy out there? Biden is a white man who’s been in gov for nearly 40 yrs... Ain’t shyt happening.. Don’t put that energy out there B.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
i hope the dems get out ahead on the "defund the police" messaging. just say they support reform, and defunding is left up to localities. biden already put out a statement today

trump is desperate for talking points to latch onto, don't give him any easy ones

it's crazy though, how he's doubling down on his base when he should be doing the exact opposite :dead: i think suburban women switching is gonna be what does him in. those poll numbers are horrific

Biden put out a statement today saying he's against defunding

Biden campaign says he does not support defunding the police

SnugglesDaBear

Superstar
Daps
The Democrats did not message defund the police though. That is a grassroots movement by activist groups.
True, but that hasn't stopped some Dem politicians to run with it.

I'm glad the party put out a common-sense proposal today.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
What the fukk is a zogby poll?
Zogby Analytics conducted an online survey of 1007 likely voters in the US.

Using internal and trusted interactive partner resources, thousands of adults were randomly invited to participate in this interactive survey. Each invitation is password coded and secure so that one respondent can only access the survey one time.

Using information based on census data, voter registration figures, CIA fact books and exit polls, we use complex weighting techniques to best represent the demographics of the population being surveyed. Weighted variables may include age, race, gender, region, party, education, and religion. The party breakdown for this survey is as follows: 36% Democrat, 36% Republican and 28% Independent/unaffiliated.

Based on a confidence interval of 95%, the margin of error for 1007 is +/- 3.1 percentage points. This means that all other things being equal, the identical survey repeated will have results within the margin of error 95 times out of 100.

Subsets of the data have a larger margin of error than the whole data set. As a rule we do not rely on the validity of very small subsets of the data especially sets smaller than 50-75 respondents. At that subset we can make estimations based on the data, but in these cases the data is more qualitative than quantitative.

Additional factors can create error, such as question wording and question order.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Glad that Biden understands messaging is important. Most people aren't listening for an explanation after they hear "Defund the Police"

I think stepping back from the police and focusing on the bigoted police unions is probably the best way to go like folks were saying in the other thread