Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
before anything castro is a weak candidate because hes short and corny, hes like a mexican dukakis.

but after that, the country hasnt been exposed to a mexcian american poltician, so americans wont relate to him and castro is not charismatic enough to win over non mexicans
Kamala was a weak candidate as well and isn’t charismatic, this is VP, a play that’s about shoring up demographics, not the top of the ticket. And The segment of Latinos he appeals to is the segment the dem party needs to court and lock up over the next 8 years.

lastly, a Castro may be Mexican, but he has/had the obama regime stamp on him which would’ve given him credit with Obama lovers in the party

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I just have this damn sinking feeling right now. Like, wtf is going on. How can this country be so stupid.
This thread isn't a good format for long form answers, but stupidity is a big part, but there are also other factors at play even if you take the stupid crowd and the white nationalist/racists, Karens/Kens, and the upper class folks that vote for their tax bracket out of the equation. There were a lot of people (a solid 8+ million by a lot of studies I've read) that voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 that voted for Trump in 2016, and clearly there are more Trump votes tonight than just the bottom of the barrel crowd that we all knew would vote for him no matter what.

I've been thinking about it for four years, and I have a lot of intuitions, as well as a lot of facts. Happy to discuss it anytime but it'll get buried in this thread with how fast the replies are going. I've put a ton of research into it, but I'm not even sure anyone (even those that are paid to do so) fully understand it.

No matter how things play out, and I still think Biden wins tonight, I think the "Trump era" will be studied and debated for generations by political historians...assuming America survives that long.

Pammy91

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Never you mind....
I’m trying to sleep but anxiety is kicking my ass. The hot takes tomorrow are going to be unbearable. I just want to say even though I don’t post much HL is the best sub forum on here. Whatever happens I appreciate all of the knowledge dropped. There’s a lot I didn’t know about politics and government until reading through this thread and others. :salute:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I read article after article with these pollsters saying there was no evidence of the "shy Trump voter". Been called it out as bullshyt. Folks sat up here and let some geeks running numbers convince you of something history told you was wrong.

Sir, there is no mathematical evidence of white people lying. :russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Kamala was a weak candidate as well and isn’t charismatic, this is VP, a play that’s about shoring up demographics, not the top of the ticket. And The segment of Latinos he appeals to is the segment the dem party needs to court and lock up over the next 8 years.

lastly, a Castro may be Mexican, but he has/had the obama regime stamp on him which would’ve given him credit with Obama lovers in the party
said it before, but beto fukked up years of work that castro and obama's people put in down in texas...