Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
that was the first time I played a COD game in months breh

needed a break from the usual

:manny:

MW3's multiplayer is still garbo :lolbron:

the nerd in me still wants to get all those Special Ops trophies and beat the campaign on Veteran tho

:wow:

The one thing COD mp has on BF3 is that the guns don't randomly disappear mid game tho :beli:

Jet

Banned
Daps
Battlefield 3 – Armored Kill’s Bandar Desert Inspired by BFBC2′s Atacama Desert and Arica Harbor
BF3_AK_BandarDesert_07-600x337.jpeg

DICE developers look to Battlefield: Bad Company 2′s Atacama Desert and Arica Harbor for inspiration when it comes to building the largest map in Battlefield history, to be included in the upcoming Armored Kill expansion pack

“Me and my colleagues had already discussed how cool it would be to re-create Atacama Desert and Arica Harbor from Battlefield: Bad Company 2 in the ever improving Frostbite 2 engine,” says Jøran Holberg, Designer at DICE, in the latest issue of Inside DICE. During the release of Battlefield 3 last October, Holberg was asked by the Operations team if he had any ideas for “Xpack 3″, aka Battlefield 3′s third expansion pack, after Close Quarters.

He mentions, “when it comes to gameplay, we here at DICE have been enjoying Atacama Desert in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 a lot, just like many of our players. I started thinking about how the best parts of the gameplay on Atacama could make the transition to a new map like Bandar Desert.” He recalls some of his favorite aspects of Atacama Desert – “the mix between the built up village areas with lots of destruction and the barren desert where tanks and other vehicles were in their strongest element. Out there, vehicles could duke it out between the sand dunes, using them in large strategic maneuvers to hide or partially hide, protecting the lower parts of the tank when firing. There were also always a few areas where infantry could have the upper hand at times without making it hard for vehicles to enter the area.”

atacama-desert-2.jpeg

He mentions, “when it comes to gameplay, we here at DICE have been enjoying Atacama Desert in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 a lot, just like many of our players. I started thinking about how the best parts of the gameplay on Atacama could make the transition to a new map like Bandar Desert.” He recalls some of his favorite aspects of Atacama Desert – “the mix between the built up village areas with lots of destruction and the barren desert where tanks and other vehicles were in their strongest element. Out there, vehicles could duke it out between the sand dunes, using them in large strategic maneuvers to hide or partially hide, protecting the lower parts of the tank when firing. There were also always a few areas where infantry could have the upper hand at times without making it hard for vehicles to enter the area.”

atacama-desert-2

However, Holberg explains, “in Bandar Desert, supporting 64 players and jets, everything would have to be larger and build much more on vehicle gameplay on a grand scale than Atacama Desert. At the same time it should be scalable for consoles with fewer players without it leading to compromises for the 64 player version.” So, a few requirements were set out in order to compliment the gameplay of Battlefield 3:

• Support grand scale vehicle gameplay with freedom of movement at long range
  • Provide exciting dogfight gameplay for jets in huge mountain ranges
  • Contain diversity in gameplay and intensity between different themes
  • Offer a great visual diversity both in terms of palette and character
  • Support all game modes without compromise
  • Differ from the other three maps in the expansion both visually and in gameplay (I knew what the other maps would be after initial design discussions)

Holdberg goes on to explain just how big Bandar Desert, the map shown off in some of the latest Armored Kill footage, really is.

“In Conquest Large, Bandar Desert is stretching as far as 1,900 meters from U.S. to Russian deployment, not counting the airstrip at the very end of the ground forces combat area. This is even longer than Fushe Pass from Battlefield 2. Bandar Desert is about as wide as it is long at the middle flags – it measures 1,900 meters from the mountain base furthest from the sea all the way to the beach at the south edge of the map.”

But it doesn’t stop there! He continues, “As a comparison, Caspian Border is roughly 1,100 meters between the U.S. and Russian deployments — around 800 meters difference both in width and length. Should you count the distance between your spawned jet and the enemy spawned jet, you will end up with 2,400 meters on Bandar Desert. From the closest capturable flag to the furthest capturable flag, you are looking at around 1,200 meters. For Caspian Border, the equivalent distance is just about 400 meters."

• Dap
Reactions: Tom
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aight niccas. longtime bf player here. im on xbox. have the 4gb slim model so i didnt have enough room for all the patches/updates/expansion packs but after a few months i finally purchased some more storage so im baaaaaacccck. my rank might not reflect it but im a good team oriented player.

xbox gt = HillyClown46

only add me if you play hardcore and got a mic.

Jet

Banned
Daps
Battlefield 4 Beta may be tied to Medal of Honor: Warfighter

battlefield-4.jpg

Battlefield 4 Beta discovered on Origin

A recent discovery on EA's Origin Marketplace listed the Battlefield 4 Beta as a pre-order incentive for EA's upcoming shooter, Medal of Honor: Warfighter. While its since been scrubbed from existence, the Shooters page on the marketplace listed "Exclusive Access" for the Battlefield 4 Beta as a feature when purchasing the Digital Deluxe version of Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

Since it's not listed anymore, it's safe to say that this was an error on EA's part, even if it is just an issue of mis-timing. It's a very real possibility that a Battlefield 4 Beta is on the way in 2013. EA has made no secrets about their desire to compete head to head with the Call of Duty franchise. Semi-annual releases for the Medal of Honor and Battlefield franchises would definitely put them in position to do just that, especially if Medal of Honor can continue to grow in popularity.

Battlefield 4 Beta advert removed later

Other things that point to the possibility that a Battlefield 4 Beta may be on the horizon include the fact that in 2010, Medal of Honor came packed with beta codes for Battlefield 3. It's hard to tell where EA is going to go with this Battlefield 4 Beta promotion, and whether console players will get a chance to beta the new game, but with Medal of Honor: Warfighter's October release inching slowly forward, we'll likely find out soon enough.

Battlefield 3 was billed as a game that would last for years to come. This untimely announcement of Battlefield 4 comes at a time when Battlefield 3 fans were just beginning to get excited about the upcoming Battlefield Premium content that is due to arrive over the next few months. Recognizing their error, EA has since adjusted the the Battlefield 4 Beta page on Origin to advertise Battlefield Premium instead.

With the last BF3 dlc coming out March 2013, is anyone ready for BF4? :ld:

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
I'm about to try to get into this game. I've been meaning to get online since it came out, but just held off. I really hate playing FPS' (well, any games really, but especially FPS') online cause of the a$$holes that like to hide and play like bytches (mainly in COD), but I think I'm coming to the end of holding out.

Still debating on whether to get Premium or not, but I do wanna get CQC, as it looks hectic as hell. Hopefully I'll jump on in the next few days and try to get started. I might go ahead and buy a class unlock too :lolbron: so I atleast can fukk with some good weapons.

iMajor

MartinLouisTheKingJr
Daps
Reppin
shutter island
They could drop the beta codes and wait like a year which is what ubisoft did with GRAW... But this is a great sign meaning they are well into development for bf4 and hopefully are taking into consideration what the fans are complaining about in bf3...

I really wanna see that survival dinosaur mode dice!!! :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I'm about to try to get into this game. I've been meaning to get online since it came out, but just held off. I really hate playing FPS' (well, any games really, but especially FPS') online cause of the a$$holes that like to hide and play like bytches (mainly in COD), but I think I'm coming to the end of holding out.

Still debating on whether to get Premium or not, but I do wanna get CQC, as it looks hectic as hell. Hopefully I'll jump on in the next few days and try to get started. I might go ahead and buy a class unlock too :lolbron: so I atleast can fukk with some good weapons.

:childplease:
You aint gonna do nothing with those fancy weapons but piss the rest of us veterans off. :smugfavre:

On the real tho, Start off with the basic stuff and do alot of TDM and you can unlock scopes, accessories fairly quickly, get a feel for the game. Then ease into Conquest where the real g's be. :smugdraper:

But I understand tho, ur pretty far behind on this game and it'd be hard to play and not get frustrated when everyone else has had it for months.

Jet

Banned
Daps

we earn our guns around here :birdman:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hope in BF4 they tone down the fukking sun glare and achieve PC graphic parity with next gen consoles or something(if it's next gen). I can't fukking stand most of the maps in here because it's a pain to see enemies in broad daylight. It's like there's two suns in most maps.
The colors of BF3 is just washed out and dull making it hard to see regular sh1t. It ain't like that on PC though from what I've seen.

Also 60FPS>>>>>>30fps.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I hope in BF4 they tone down the fukking sun glare and achieve PC graphic parity with next gen consoles or something(if it's next gen). I can't fukking stand most of the maps in here because it's a pain to see enemies in broad daylight. It's like there's two suns in most maps.
The colors of BF3 is just washed out and dull making it hard to see regular sh1t. It ain't like that on PC though from what I've seen.

Also 60FPS>>>>>>30fps.

The sun doesn't bother me as much as the dudes that use the tact. light. :noah: