Official Battlefield 3 Thread

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
Rush was the game mode I played the most on BC2....but I rarely play it on BF3. I rarely get in any intense game..one side usually dominates. Defenders get cheap kills....and its not enough ways paths to flank in BF3 maps like it was on BC2.

I played BC2 Vietnam yesterday..and got some full games:ahh:

They need to put that Vietnam game on PSN and live stores and let anyone who already had it download it for free and charge any new players because its piff...and shouldnt die out. They need to make it stand alone.

The fights on Vantage Point are the most intense ever...if u have to come up the hill.

Ice Water

Nothing
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What system do you play on?

Honestly, something about BF3 just isn't right with me. They changed shyt up that they should have just carried over from BC2. Like the squad system (you wouldn't get put into a separate fukking team like you do on here :dry:) and the spotting. I miss my snow maps too :to:

They nerfed it to play fast like COD. I hate COD, and Battlefield 3 is too similar to it for me. I hardly play it... I wish they had something like Arma on consoles. Bad Company 2 was dope as hell. I'm mad I traded it in whe I got BF3 thinkin they would carry that gamepley over. Stupid me.

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
They nerfed it to play fast like COD. I hate COD, and Battlefield 3 is too similar to it for me. I hardly play it... I wish they had something like Arma on consoles. Bad Company 2 was dope as hell. I'm mad I traded it in whe I got BF3 thinkin they would carry that gamepley over. Stupid me.

I wouldnt say all that. You gotta remember Bad Company and Battlefield are two different series...so i would hope they would be different in ways.

Plus if you played Bad Company 2 the Vietnam expansion u would notice the game was moving faster and it took less shots to kill.

I cant play BC2 now tho without using the sprint perk...be joggin slow as hell :russ:

Jet

Banned
Daps
Battlefield 3: Armored Kill DLC Q&A

GameSpot: Can you tell us some of the advantages the new vehicles bring to the game?

Niklas Fegreaus:The new vehicles in Armored Kill all bring something well adapted for the large Battlefield.

The new tank destroyers carry a lot of firepower, while sacrificing armor for speed. This means they have the ability to bring the big guns to contested areas much quicker than the main battle tanks, providing your team with great mobility and area control.

The mobile artillery, on the other hand, are slow and poorly protected but, properly placed, can suppress entire bases with heavy shelling. There's nothing better than a skilled artillery gunner to have on your side, softening up a base before moving in for the capture.

The ATV quad bikes make a popular return as well. Fans of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 might remember these as the ultimate fast transport, carrying soldiers to their intended location at great speed. They are also a blast to drive, especially when bashing dunes on Bandar Desert.

The AC130 gunship brings a completely new experience to Battlefield. If your team wins control over a specific base, it starts circling the battlefield. When doing this, your team can use it as a parachute spawn and also man the weapon positions. These range from heavy auto cannons to high caliber shells and anti-aircraft machine guns. A fully utilized AC130 can suppress and destroy ground targets with great efficiency, so the other team needs to quickly scramble their pilots and mobile AA to shoot it down. She is a big bird though, and can both take a hit and defend herself.

GS: Could you explain to us what the new, “Tank superiority” mode is, and what it will entail?

NF:Tank Superiority is a vehicle focused mode where large number of heavy vehicles clash in order to control key areas. It covers vast areas, so tactical positioning and precise long range firing are two very important skills players need to deploy in order to win.

GS: What can players compare the new “biggest map in Battlefield history” to? How big is it?

NF:We've made some really big maps in our franchise before, and I think our core fans will get similar feelings of size as classic maps like for example El Alamein. These two maps differ in design of course, but the sense of scale is definitely similar.

GS: With the new maps being very vehicle-centric, can we expect them to be very open in terms of terrain, with scarcely any buildings?

NF:You can expect both. For example, on Bandar Desert, there is a whole town being constructed near the shore, and there's always intense building to building combat taking place there. However, surrounding this built up area are vast deserts populated by artillery bases and supply lines that are key to controlling if you want to stop the enemy from getting the upper hand.

GS: How are you expecting players to react to the new maps and vehicles?

NF:I think fans of the big epic Battlefield are going to love it. We are not only stretching our capacity when it comes to how much content we can fit into a map and how large we can make them, we are also introducing new gameplay and experiences that I'm sure players will love getting their hands on and learning new tricks with.

GS: Tell us about motorbikes, how else do they add to the game?

NF:We are introducing motorcycles in our fifth expansion, End Game. These will of course be nimble and fast transport vehicles, but might offer something else as well.

GS: Is there any special types of tricks or things you can do with a motorbike that you can’t do with other vehicles?

I don't think I've seen a tank do a wheelie before jumping off a bridge!

GS: Armored Kill isn’t out until September, almost a year since the game was released--why the long wait for this DLC?

NF:We are truly humbled by our fans' response to Battlefield 3, it’s been amazing! So when we started thinking about how to provide players with DLC post launch, we wanted it to be something really special that fans would truly appreciate. That's when we thought of doing "more than just maps" and instead give players a chance to enjoy something suited for their favorite Battlefield experience. And that's how we committed to the themed expansions we have presented now. We are putting a tremendous amount of work into these, and we just hope that players will enjoy all that these expansion packs have to offer.
:ohlawd: I can't wait til september

Jet

Banned
Daps
“Matches” Feature Coming to Battlefield 3

We’re taking the next step in advancing online competitive play in the Battlefield 3 community. The “Matches” feature will allow players to coordinate competitive multiplayer sessions with their friends and squad members. Battlefield 3 players will be able to select the time, server, game settings, and roster for their Matches creating a controlled and definitive environment for competitive play.

Players will be able to coordinate Matches for PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 through the Battlelog. To coordinate a Match a player must be actively renting a dedicated server. Once a dedicated server has been selected the Match host can set the Match name, start time, game mode, team size, and map rotations.
3.png

After these preliminary decisions have been made, game settings are determined for the Match. Matches are completely customizable; an extensive list of settings including friendly fire, 3D spotting, squad-leader spawning, kill cam, health regeneration, a list of weapon unlocks that will be made available to players, and more can be set to exact specifications.
4+5-full-page.png

With the Match settings in place, players then select the rosters for their teams from their list of friends and platoon members. A team leader for the rival team is assigned who in turn also chooses a roster for the opposing team. With the teams set, the Match is scheduled for creation and players can begin taking their places.
15.png

Before the Match begins players may engage in a Warm-up Phase where no kills or points are counted. The Match will stay in this state until all participating players have signaled that they are ready from the pause menu. After the Match is completed players can review the results on Battlelog. Players can see the number of rounds played, what maps were used, the team that won each round, and other relevant information.

With Matches, Battlefield 3 players will be able to create, control, and track directly competitive online play. Platoons, friends, and rivals will be able to put their teamwork to the test in controlled environments laying claim to definitive superiority and creating new grudges.

Stay tuned for more details including a release date for Matches!

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Sniping on this game makes me wanna throw my controller, you gotta be a patient dude for that shyt.

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Haha that sniping only SQDM was goofy as fukk. I jumped n for the quick win and bounced.
Lol I need my L96 50kills and my 25headshots for my sniping premium dogtag thats all I need for my jack of all trades dogtag.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
ps3 brehs ain't invite me to the new squad?

First game back 32-17 10k pts......still got it :win:

SquirtleSwag

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
forgot how fun this game was.. just won by like 20 tickets and was the top player on my team

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Finally got that Jack of all trades tag, shyt was hell. I prefer up close combat had to learn how to snipe but I stilled played that shyt like an assault sniper lol. Holo and suppressor on my L96 sniper rifle.