Official Apple 9/10/19 Special Event Thread: “By Innovation Only” 1PM ET

drifter

Superstar
Daps
If you want green in either phone make sure to do it when orders go live, early count has it the most popular, especially on the Pro. Purple's not doing too hot for a new color, least popular is the gold pro.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Don’t y’all get tired of thinking the next next year will be something major after the new product gets revealed

No, I actively follow leaks so nothing is ever really "new." Apple holds themselves back a lot imo, they could come through and fully crush buildings but they want to bullshyt around. That 2020 iPhone should be a problem

bnew

Veteran
Daps
No, I actively follow leaks so nothing is ever really "new." Apple holds themselves back a lot imo, they could come through and fully crush buildings but they want to bullshyt around. That 2020 iPhone should be a problem

:rudy:
apple has their own self-imposed handicap, its called vendor lock-in. their customer base is capped due to that and base price offerings. not much else they can do:manny:

Last edited:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I have a series 4 but I got some Best Buy coupons and now I'm thinking about flipping my 4 for the 5 lol. Only diff is the Always on screen and Compas though.
I got a S3 that my wife got me last year a few fukking weeks before the announcement of the 4 :snoop: I think the 5 will be a nice upgrade.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Wasn't impressed, call a phone a pro with non pen support, 64 gigs base storage and that weighs 208 grams.

Only thing is apples dedicated programs so don't expect imessage to be for other os anytime soon.

But I understand their plan, give them little by little.

The iPhone 11 will sell well the pro model will be for hard-core apple fans.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Wasn't impressed, call a phone a pro with non pen support, 64 gigs base storage and that weighs 208 grams.

Only thing is apples dedicated programs so don't expect imessage to be for other os anytime soon.

But I understand their plan, give them little by little.

The iPhone 11 will sell well the pro model will be for hard-core apple fans.

Pencil and storage is valid but iPhones have weighed the most since they switched to stainless steel 2 years ago, if they went back to aluminum it'd weigh the same as the XR/11 and every Android. Preferences and all that but if I'm spending a stack I want the best materials.

The Pro phones weight more than last years because of the bigger batteries, most ppl will deal with extra weight for longer battery life.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I finally get around to setting up pre order preferences in the app and you have to input income and have your credit ran :heh:

Even said child support payments don't count :mjlol:

Not worried about the inquiry since it'll fall, if they didn't already have my income info when I ordered the card it'd be a dub. Apple really weeding nikkas out huh, phone payments the same as car and business loans out here.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
How does preordering on your phone work? Do they just ship it to your local apple store for pick up if you are trading in towards it?

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You seem fair and unbiased. What is actually new about the iPhone 11? Did anything newsworthy come from this event? I don't want to read the back and forth stan shyt.
Processor, Battery, and Camera upgrade.

One at a time tho, phones are not professional devices, you aren't gonna notice the difference in performance from processors year over year. :russell:

Next up, the battery is a nice upgrade, but i'm already getting all day usage out of my X so I don't think this is major. Apple saying they gonna get 4 more hours out of it is a fukking lie, thats probably 4 more hours of standby and 40 more minutes of screen time. Notice how they did not clarify it :mjlol:

The last is the camera, and lets be honest brehs, there are fewer situations to use wide angle than zoom. It would've been nice to take the current 2x and make it a 3x, but instead, all they did was add a wide angle lense. Wide angle adds distortions for anything you are taking within 20 feet. :patrice:

All in all, apple fell off with this one. The one thing i was hoping for 90-120hz display, did not happen. No USBC. Still got the huge notch. And actually removed a feature in 3D touch (which was a gimmick tho)

They need to stop with this every year cycle, ain't nothing happening that should require them to release three devices. Simplify the manufacturing process by making two pro phones instead, and drop the price by 100 bucks a piece, that's a smart move.