games Official Apex Legends Thread

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Idk how much longer this game got left.:snoop:

Its been stale for over a year but there really isn't a shooter with better gunplay and movement besides Warzone right now.

The new urban map gonna be cool for a couple weeks then its back to the content drought since we probably arent getting a new weapon or legend.

Chef

All Star
Daps
I’m curious of what do the OG players and/or community want from Apex to make it hit that next level? Or is this shyt cooked and they’re just coasting til the next cash shop update? :pachaha:

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Its been stale for over a year but there really isn't a shooter with better gunplay and movement besides Warzone right now.

The new urban map gonna be cool for a couple weeks then its back to the content drought since we probably arent getting a new weapon or legend.
I agree, no other game really comes close to the fluid mechanics. This is really the only game I play, but matchmaking has been crazy lately.

3 stack preds in a lobby where I'm solo queuing as a level gold? :unimpressed:

Matchmaking was never great, but it's gotten bad lately. I'm thinking the player pool is shrinking. I was gold because I haven't played ranked in 2 seasons.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I’m curious of what do the OG players and/or community want from Apex to make it hit that next level? Or is this shyt cooked and they’re just coasting til the next cash shop update? :pachaha:
We're definitely coasting. I think there was supposed to be some big engine overhaul too but they haven't spoken on that since last year.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I agree, no other game really comes close to the fluid mechanics. This is really the only game I play, but matchmaking has been crazy lately.

3 stack preds in a lobby where I'm solo queuing as a level gold? :unimpressed:

Matchmaking was never great, but it's gotten bad lately. I'm thinking the player pool is shrinking. I was gold because I haven't played ranked in 2 seasons.
3 stack preds in random lobbies been the norm for a minute. These 6 man squads soon as u hit diamond are getting on my fukking nerves though. Happens way too often.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Starting with Season 22, EA and Respawn Entertainment are changing how the Apex Legends Battle Pass works, and fans are not happy.

The Apex Legends community is not happy with EA and Respawn Entertainment’s decision to split Seasons into two halves, with players having to buy the Premium Battle Pass for each half. They were previously able to purchase Battle Passes with Apex Coins earned via the prior Battle Pass. However, with the new changes, they can only purchase the Battle Pass by paying up, and will now have to do so every half Season. The total amount of money required to maintain the Battle Pass perks throughout a Season is now $20.

Screenshot-2024-07-08-152606.png

The general sentiment among the community is that this is likely a business decision from EA to squeeze more revenue out of the Apex Legends player base and please its shareholders. Developer Respawn Entertainment appears to have given up on acquiring new players or bringing back those who previously left, and resorted to other ways to increase battle pass earnings. Furthermore, the taking away the ability to pay for the Battle Pass with Apex Coins earned from finishing previous seasons is seen as a major disservice to the active player base.

The contents of Season 22’s first Premium Battle Pass can only be earned during the first two weeks of Season 22. Levels to obtain final key cosmetic items have been dropped to 60 per Battle Pass. Rewards from past Battle Passes that frequently weren’t being used have been removed.

Considering how many money events they had last season...guess they didn't make as much money as they wanted to.

Definitely a move to squeeze more money, since the playerbase has to be crashing at this point.

Hell I've been thinking about dropping the game since the start of this season. Definitely not spending $20 bucks every season.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
6man? People are teaming in rank?
dude i've run into at least one 6 man team a day all last week. Been happening awhile now tbh. Got to the point i had to even upload it to YT just for evidence. shyt is despicable. Between that and these PC mufukkas with this immaculate aim while slide jumping. It gets quite damn annoying. Idk why i cant get a lobby of just all console players.