OFFICIAL "Animal Ambition" Sales: FLOP! Sells 47k first week...91k after 6 weeks

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Artists that are truly indie have their own YouTube channels (mac miller, macklemore) they do not upload to vevo. Umg owns vevo they are going to take the profits from a major company THEY OWN plain and simple. Videos uploaded to a different YouTube channel is fine, but umg owns 50s YouTube vevo
but you're wrong lol

this is what i'm talking about

did 50 flop... fukk yes... international and at home... yes... is he making 3 million off his video... highly doubt it

can you get paid off vevo and youtube... YES.. i can upload my damn videos to youtube and i'm unsigned.. i can put in my info to get paid off the views or ads they post... if i get like 1000 views.. i get an email saying they owe me about .35 cents lol

like i said it's shytty money.. and i don't believe the 3 mil

but vevo ain't the twilight zone.. somebody owns the music and publishing and rights.. you don't just sell them to a company cause you upload a video

Carter G. Hoodson

Tarik is my name ✊✊✊
Daps
Reppin
East Orange, NJ
@MiC @hustlemania @Real

:salute:You have won the battle, but you will not win the war. Holla back in September when Street King Immortal drops :blessed:...he will sell 900k first week. Book it.....

Again, Animal Ambition is by far the best mixtape/album of 2014. Hands down....

TO BE CONTINUED....GGGGGGGGG-GUNITTTTTTTTTTTTT

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
but you're wrong lol

this is what i'm talking about

did 50 flop... fukk yes... international and at home... yes... is he making 3 million off his video... highly doubt it

can you get paid off vevo and youtube... YES.. i can upload my damn videos to youtube and i'm unsigned.. i can put in my info to get paid off the views or ads they post... if i get like 1000 views.. i get an email saying they owe me about .35 cents lol

like i said it's shytty money.. and i don't believe the 3 mil

but vevo ain't the twilight zone.. somebody owns the music and publishing and rights.. you don't just sell them to a company cause you upload a video
I think he saying vevo only gon promo your video if u under umg

TEKBEATZ

Banging Pads
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Saint Petersburg. FL
@MiC @hustlemania @Real

:salute:You have won the battle, but you will not win the war. Holla back in September when Street King Immortal drops :blessed:...he will sell 900k first week. Book it.....

:what: And i like 50

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
I think he saying vevo only gon promo your video if u under umg
but that wouldn't be true either.. i'm not trying to argue.. most my posts on this board are to hip people to the game

those promos are free for umg artists.. and by free... i mean it comes out their damn budget, even if they are on the label

if you want the front page or main video or email blasts straight from vevo....... $$$$$$ that's all it takes

slide ANY website the right amount of money, and you'll find yourself on the front page, banner, main video, main article... etc etc

it's why majors are majors.. cause they get you these places, usually with a HUGE discount, in exchange for favors and promises

when artists think they can just come out of pocket and drop an album, they forget about MARKETING being the biggest part of your budget.. you might be able to touch the main parts.. but all the little extra middle men and situations you have to grease.. it's not gonna match up.. at all

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
@MiC @hustlemania @Real

AA aint a mixtape. :ufdup:

But nonetheless...see you soon:shaq:

MiC

Pro
Daps
there is a way you can post up music and get money back... the issue is usually your label takes that money.. but if he's indy, maybe he does have that deal

youtube has that same shyt and you don't even have to own a channel... soon as you upload it asks you if you want to monetize your video... you get paid for views.. but it's chump change.. as in get 5 million views, you've earned 10k type of change

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mus...to-songwriters-artists-publishers-labels.html

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/97527?hl=en

but that wouldn't be true either.. i'm not trying to argue.. most my posts on this board are to hip people to the game

those promos are free for umg artists.. and by free... i mean it comes out their damn budget, even if they are on the label

if you want the front page or main video or email blasts straight from vevo....... $$$$$$ that's all it takes

slide ANY website the right amount of money, and you'll find yourself on the front page, banner, main video, main article... etc etc

it's why majors are majors.. cause they get you these places, usually with a HUGE discount, in exchange for favors and promises

when artists think they can just come out of pocket and drop an album, they forget about MARKETING being the biggest part of your budget.. you might be able to touch the main parts.. but all the little extra middle men and situations you have to grease.. it's not gonna match up.. at all

All I am saying is that 50 cent may get 100% of the profits from his views uploaded to his 50cent YouTube. However, he WILL NOT receive 100% of the profits for his become views.

You said you uploads videos and get paid for views. Do you upload yours through vevo?

My only point is that if you upload through vevo the owners of vevo will take some of the profits

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
All I am saying is that 50 cent may get 100% of the profits from his views uploaded to his 50cent YouTube. However, he WILL NOT receive 100% of the profits for his become views.

You said you uploads videos and get paid for views. Do you upload yours through vevo?

My only point is that if you upload through vevo the owners of vevo will take some of the profits
and i agree.. cause youtube is also taking some... yes you, i, him, her can all have an artist page on vevo tomorrow.. i'll post the link if you want it... cost $20 a year, unlimited videos... they'll even SUBMIT to bet, cmt, vh1, bet but those aren't promised you'll get on there... just a submission with their letterhead... but the vevo is promised and won't get denied

then you get back PENNIES.... while youtube/vevo/a million other people get money off your hard work.. MOST of the money

so i'm not disagreeing with that... i'm disagreeing with people saying you get NO money and if you on there, then that means your label got you there/making the money

UMG makes it's money off advertisers... artist make money off allowing ads to be placed on your video (pop up boxes) and people clicking/viewing them

again.. chump change... someone figured it up before and you'd have to have like 10 million views to make 50k or something like that

swerve

All Star
Daps

You a stupid motherfukker if you think 50 uploading his videos to VEVO he is no longer the profiter of those videos. You think UMG takes all the profit because it is uploaded to VEVO? :what:
You come up with more and more stupid shyt for every day

And its worth to be said again

50k first week with a mixtape :whoo:

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
@MiC is on his rambo tip.
one man army vs 50 stans
too funny:russ::mjlol::deadmanny:

weirdrambo-o.gif

really tho

that ain't gangsta