newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
any body got know a video tutorial on how to flash a rom?

is your phone rooted already?

flashin a rom is easy

1. copy rom file on to sd card
2. reboot phone into recovery
3. scroll down to "install from sd"
4. find your rom file and select it
5. exit recovery and reboot your phone

this is the standard "Easy" method but it varies from rom to rom some require "full wipes" before you flash

what kind of phone you have

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Dropped my nexus today screen cracked.

Any thoughts on the otter box case

Got insurance so getting my new unit on tuesday

It depends on the phone..When I had an evo, my otterbox was TRASH... I had the most expensive one too...

They're amazing for the iphone though....

I have a ballistic impact case right now and it's the most solid case I've ever had.... I've literally dropped my phone on the concrete and it (the case) isn't even scratched...

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It depends on the phone..When I had an evo, my otterbox was TRASH... I had the most expensive one too...

They're amazing for the iphone though....

I have a ballistic impact case right now and it's the most solid case I've ever had.... I've literally dropped my phone on the concrete and it (the case) isn't even scratched...

Which phone you got now?

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Rocking with the GSM Galaxy Nexus running CM9 and the Transformer Prime running stock. I might throw CM9 on the tablet, but I kinda wanted to wait for the release candidate before pulling the trigger.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For the EVO 3D, what's the best Notebook app for writing? Or an app similar to Microsoft Word?

Thanks in advance.

TurboNégro

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like a sucker, got that photon last year and it has no kind of support from sprint, motorola, or the development community. Red headed stepchild status wtf.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
is your phone rooted already?

flashin a rom is easy

1. copy rom file on to sd card
2. reboot phone into recovery
3. scroll down to "install from sd"
4. find your rom file and select it
5. exit recovery and reboot your phone

this is the standard "Easy" method but it varies from rom to rom some require "full wipes" before you flash

what kind of phone you have

i got a droid 3. i got that part down. its when they want me to install this and that program. back this file up etc., that got me second guessing myself.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
i got a droid 3. i got that part down. its when they want me to install this and that program. back this file up etc., that got me second guessing myself.

Optional but highly recommended to backup programs and stuff.

Titanium Backup works well for apps and stuff, and so does MyBackup Root/Pro (Root is free). The apps are mainly used to backup apps themselves and app data, messages, and the like.

Nandroid backups saftely backup your existing setup and such. apps, contacts, Emails, everything. It's a system image. Think of Window restore points for an easy analogy.

Do note it isn't recommended to restore system data from one ROM to another, just user data.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
TurboNégro;46906 said:
I feel like a sucker, got that photon last year and it has no kind of support from sprint, motorola, or the development community. Red headed stepchild status wtf.

Hate to say it...

but you lost the second you copped that. Motorola is notorious for making their phones hard to mod/root. That's going always keep their phones behind in terms of the dev community. And the phone wasn't really marketed so it's not surprising that Sprint or Moto aren't updating it.