NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Returned the pixel 5. Battery life was horrible. Picked up brand new Samsung a54, and Holy shyt. I watched my fair share of YouTube videos comparing it to the s23+.. it really is damn near the same phone lmao. Sometimes just a YouTube video doesn't do it justice. I could legit tell people it's the s23 and no one would ever know lol.

Gonna see how long the battery lasts tomorrow after setup

24 hours later and the battery life is the same as the 23plus

Overnight, battery dropped only 6%. Around same as the 23

After work I'm still with around 50% left by the time I get home. Same as the 23. That's with location on high accuracy, data and WiFi on 100% and screen on adaptive brightness or whatever it's called

But the performance is a little iffy.. takes maybe a millisecond or two longer to use fingerprint reader(first world problem). Some apps take maybe a blink longer to open.

Mkbhd was right. This is maybe close to 80% the phone that you can get compared to the s23. Nevermind features I'll never use like Samsung dex.. now I gotta find me my SD card..

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Support until 2030 :ehh:

It might take a year or two but I'm definitely gonna cop a refurb Pixel 8 at some when the price drops. The only real concern I have is whether it can handle the improvements and "personal-AI-in-your-pocket" vibes that will come over the next few years.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

After work I'm still with around 50% left by the time I get home. Same as the 23. That's with location on high accuracy, data and WiFi on 100% and screen on adaptive brightness or whatever it's called

But the performance is a little iffy.. takes maybe a millisecond or two longer to use fingerprint reader(first world problem). Some apps take maybe a blink longer to open.

Mkbhd was right. This is maybe close to 80% the phone that you can get compared to the s23. Nevermind features I'll never use like Samsung dex.. now I gotta find me my SD card..
I've seen very good things about the A54. Every YouTube review I've watched said they damn near equal. I've been debating whether to get that or the S23+, but not having a SD slot is a killer.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
odd that i'm just now finding out....android 14 is here. updating my phone now

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune

Gave up on the A54. It's a fine phone. But I've been using flagships for over a decade. Going to a mid-range... You definitely notice the hiccups. I knew I'd eventually since back to a flagship. So I returned the a54 back to Samsung and went with an S23.

I think I'm done with big phones. Held my dad's a71 or whatever it's called and that shyt was like 6'7 and the thing was damn near blinding me :mjcry:

The s23 is the perfect size for me. Armed with a screen protector and case. Unless the s24 can wow me (it might look like the build of an iPhone according to leaks so I might be tempted) then I'll be sticking with the s23 for a while

Selena

Pro
Daps
Need to upgrade badly from my Note 20 5G (:flabbynsick:) as the battery (and front camera) is terrible now. I don't think I can hold off till the S24 Ultra come out possibly in January. Should I wait till Black Friday and upgrade to the S23 Ultra, brehs? Or do yall think the S24U might be worth the holdout?

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Need to upgrade badly from my Note 20 5G (:flabbynsick:) as the battery (and front camera) is terrible now. I don't think I can hold off till the S24 Ultra come out possibly in January. Should I wait till Black Friday and upgrade to the S23 Ultra, brehs? Or do yall think the S24U might be worth the holdout?
The s24 ultra is gonna be what everything is compared to in 2024.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Samsung launches generative AI model made for its devices, beating Apple to the punch​

PUBLISHED WED, NOV 8 20237:23 AM EST
Arjun Kharpal@ARJUNKHARPAL

KEY POINTS
  • Samsung Electronics on Wednesday introduced a new generative artificial intelligence model called Samsung Gauss.
  • The company said its technology, called Samsung Gauss, is designed for AI applications on devices.
  • If this tech comes to its smartphones, Samsung would be amongst the first handset makers in the world to introduce generative AI to its devices, even ahead of Apple.
The Samsung Group logo displayed on its stand during the Mobile World Congress 2023 on March 2, 2023, in Barcelona, Spain.

Samsung at the Mobile World Congress 2023 on March 2, 2023, in Barcelona, Spain. (Photo by Joan Cros/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

Joan Cros | Nurphoto | Getty Images

Samsung Electronics on Wednesday introduced a new generative artificial intelligence model, hinting that the software will be coming to its devices soon.

Generative AI has been popularized by Microsoft-backed OpenAI and ChatGPT, which was launched last year and has sparked a race amongst the world’s technology giants to get ahead. Generative AI is underpinned by so-called large language models, which are trained on large amounts of data.

Samsung said its technology — called Samsung Gauss — is designed for AI applications on devices.

Samsung said its AI model is named after Carl Friedrich Gauss, “the legendary mathematician who established normal distribution theory, the backbone of machine learning and AI.”

The AI system has a number of features: the first, Samsung Gauss Language, is a generative language model which can help compose emails and translate content, as well as “enhance the consumer experience by enabling smarter device control when integrated into products.”

The second feature allows in-house software developers to write code quickly, while the third, Samsung Gauss Image, can generate or edit images.
“Samsung Gauss is currently used on employee productivity but will be expanded to a variety of Samsung product applications to provide new user experience in the near future,” Samsung said in a press release on Wednesday.

Samsung could be amongst the first handset makers in the world to introduce generative AI to its devices. Daniel Araujo, Samsung’s vice president of the mobile business, said on the company’s earnings call last month that generative AI technology will likely reach customers next year.
Apple, Samsung’s biggest rival in the smartphone space, is yet to announce a generative AI product of its own. Company CEO Tim Cook said last month during the Apple earnings call that the tech giant has “work going on” in generative AI, but declined to give more details.