Unfiltered

The Dan Bongino Show (Mon. – Fri. 12p-3p ET)
Daps
I've got a Pixel and downloaded Android 13 yesterday.

I think we've reached peak Android when most (all?) of the upgrades are minor UI tweaks. How is having a larger nav bar a highlight of an upgrade :dead:

The phone does what I need to do so I'm not complaining. The one thing I wanted (ability to schedule "Extra Dim" mode) wasn't implemented unfortunately but I wasn't researching Android 13 anyways so the entire upgrade popped out of nowhere for me.

If future updates are this miniscule, moving forward I'll probably root my phone once it is no longer eligible for security updates and ride it til the wheels fall off.
Honestly I might just get a iphone again, I like the weather on the lockscreen and IOS 16 has that.

My samsung doesn't show weather on the lockscreen and it gets me upset, I think pixel does:ehh:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Honestly I might just get a iphone again, I like the weather on the lockscreen and IOS 16 has that.

My samsung doesn't show weather on the lockscreen and it gets me upset, I think pixel does:ehh:
Saw an MKBHD video reviewing 13 and he did put things into context saying that the latest iOS is pretty minimal in terms of improvements too. If you've been w/ Android all this time tho it would feel like a new OS to you though :yeshrug: .

Personally, I can't get over paying extra for the Apple brand-name which is why I've stayed w/ Android.

Unfiltered

Daps
Saw an MKBHD video reviewing 13 and he did put things into context saying that the latest iOS is pretty minimal in terms of improvements too. If you've been w/ Android all this time tho it would feel like a new OS to you though :yeshrug: .

Personally, I can't get over paying extra for the Apple brand-name which is why I've stayed w/ Android.
Same here honestly but the upgrade cycle for the most part is over, a phone isn't a PC, different uses.

I think for me I had the paper a Iphone 13 and a Ipad PRO 12.9 and apple watch

I just use my phone mostly for social media and communication, IOS does the simple stuff well, of course it's flawed but basic and works.

Android is also good but needs to be tinkered with but honestly after I went back to android I was amazed at the savings

airpod pros 220?
galaxy pro's 62 dollar refurb from best best - pros sound better but apple has been NC

iphone 11 max 256 - 1k used 2 years ago when I bought it - no 120 mhz screen and slower
S121 fe 256 max - 420 NIB this year with 120mhz scren and faster

S7 tablet - 100 off offerup cash with 256 and 8 gigs ram
Ipad basic which is actually slower with half the ram and a wose screen and speak 350 for 64 gig

the savings are crazy:russ:

Only thing is apple is set out the box, get a text, screen pops up, weather? call?

Samsung is hit or miss.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah even resellers demand a premium on Apple products:pachaha:

Even brand new Chromebooks are such a valuable product if you have a 'tinkering' kinda mindset. People spending $1,500 for a Macbook Pro and I can get a top-of-the-line Chromebook for 65% less.

Unfiltered

Daps
Yeah even resellers demand a premium on Apple products:pachaha:

Even brand new Chromebooks are such a valuable product if you have a 'tinkering' kinda mindset. People spending $1,500 for a Macbook Pro and I can get a top-of-the-line Chromebook for 65% less.
You can't even sell anything non apple and make a profit these days. I bought a acer spin 2 years ago for 450 recertified and sold it for 200 bucks, this model has a touchscreen and stylus but so many people just have a ipad and no computers now I lost a ton of money.

As much as i like tech, I'm aware to buy anything these days unless I plan to keep for at least 2 years.

Dudes selling MacBook pros for 1500 nib when they got it for 999 from best buy with discounts.

Unfiltered

Daps
got both the s21 ultra and s22 ultra..still think i should get it?
Naw, save ya money unless you just bored but I personally think the fold is too heavy to carry around, if I were you I'd probably sell the S21 and try a flip if you on the move alot.

Fold IMO is a fade.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
So I was trying to use the usb adapter that came with pixel to transer pics onto a usb drive. Didnt work. But it did work on my old oneplus phone. I don't get how oneplus is able to make a more enjoyable android experience than Google :mindblown:

And the charging is way better on oneplus. Despite me purchasing a $25 google charging brick :damn:

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just got a free $3k..should I get the Fold 4, kids?
I considered getting this using my Galaxy S22 Ultra as trade in but I can't justify the purchase. I think the tech needs a bit more ironing out. I'm just going to wait for the Galaxy S23 Ultra.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
So I was trying to use the usb adapter that came with pixel to transer pics onto a usb drive. Didnt work. But it did work on my old oneplus phone. I don't get how oneplus is able to make a more enjoyable android experience than Google :mindblown:

And the charging is way better on oneplus. Despite me purchasing a $25 google charging brick :damn:

I don't have a pixel device but it's possible you have to change the USB settings in the notifications menu.