drifter

Superstar
Daps
why do you choose the PIN over the biometrics? it's not faster...is it on principle?

Mostly principle but pin is actually faster at least for me. Scanners on Android unlock and take you to the home screen, on iPhone you scan your face but still have to swipe up to get home. iOS 13 is supposed to make Face ID 30% faster so maybe I switch up then if I stay on idk.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
We know that a lot of you have been looking forward to the dedicated camera Night mode for Galaxy Note 9. The June 2019 update already brought this feature to the Galaxy S9/S9+ last week. It was only a matter of time before the Galaxy Note 9 got it as well.

Samsung is now rolling out the latest monthly update for the Galaxy Note 9. It not only features the Night mode but also the ability to scan QR codes without using Bixby Vision.

Night mode for Galaxy Note 9 included in latest update

Samsung is rolling out firmware version N960FXXU3CSF9 for the Galaxy Note 9. It’s available over-the-air in Germany and can also be downloaded from our firmware section. The firmware weighs in at just under 704MB and does include the latest security patch for the month of June 2019. The changelog mentions that camera performance has been improved as well.

The first thing we checked after installing this update on one of our devices was whether it brought Night mode to the Galaxy Note 9. We’re glad to report that it does indeed bring the dedicated Night mode to last year’s flagship phablet.

Our impression of the Night mode on the Galaxy S9 was that it works as well as the Galaxy S10’s Night mode. That’s going to be the case on the Galaxy Note 9 as well. The camera app also gets a built-in QR code scanner. It will no longer be required to use Bixby Vision or a third-party QR code-scanning app. The quick toggle in the notification shade can be used to scan QR codes using the camera app itself.

Samsung has just started rolling out this firmware update. It’s going to be a while before it goes live for users across the globe. Are you excited to try out the Night mode on your Galaxy Note 9? Let us know in the comments below.

night-mode-galaxy-note-9-1.png

drifter

Superstar
Daps
That front facing camera in the middle is way too conspicuous :hhh:

That and no headphone jack, no physical buttons, and $1000+ price tag = :camby:

I think it'll still have physical buttons, it's blurry as shyt but the pic of the back looks like it has the volume rocker on the right side sticking out. That hole punch won't be as bad since you'll have other colors instead blank white surrounding it 99% of the time. I'll take it over any notches or the hole punch on the S10 line.

But it'll still be over a stack. Apparently they're releasing two sizes, the biggest one I posted pics of and a smaller one neither have the headphone jack so yea

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
That front facing camera in the middle is way too conspicuous :hhh:

That and no headphone jack, no physical buttons, and $1000+ price tag = :camby:
Not $1000 for tmobile customers or even on samsung.com if you got a high value trade ins like the Note 8 and Note 9. But I'm gonna need to be impressed..likely to get it though because the Note 8 is two years in by August..400 off and that's no real big deal. Wish it came with a good incentive though...probably will by August.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Blue light filter is on the swipe down toggle of any recent Samsung phone. I guess you can call it night mode.
Well, yeah, then.

On Pixel phones it's called night mode. I have it set to turn on automatically at 10pm til 8am.

Sometimes, tho...if I sleep in and it's not activated, I'll activate it myself.

I really do note the difference in eye strain when I just wake up or when it's late and my eyes are tired