GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
From TheVerge

:skip:
I'm a heavy phone user, so I just can't do a non-removeable battery.

I read theverge review last week, I dropped the first link to it in this thread actually.

The phonearena review gives me a better gauge on the battery. He said they were messing with the phone all day, with the brightness on blast, doing tests on the phone and all kinds of shyt and got 8 hours with 25% left.

I'm sure the battery is fine for me. As I can get a day out of the OG EVO and I'm not a heavy user like a lot of people on here are.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
So i've spent this last week with the galaxy nexus I ordered

Love the phone got it from overseas so it's on the 4.0.2 build

wondering whether I should root it .. Only thing i'm not happy with is battery life...

any suggestions should I do it ?

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

wondering whether I should root it .. Only thing i'm not happy with is battery life...

do you have a large amount of apps?

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Maybe I'll consider tossing some of these apps I don't use everyday

Wasn't sure about rooting just to get this minor update but of it improves the battery life significantly than maybe I will

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
So im still rocking a stock EVO 4G. Dont want to upgrade yet, the phone is still basically in brand new condition. I need you guys to help me "modernize" it. Nah mean. Speed it up and make it a little bit faster if possible. Basically overclock my EVO 4G. Help me out brehs.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Mine started off rocky....but over the last few days its gone pretty well.

My joint's been unplugged for 16h 14m and I'm at 53%. I used a couple apps, checked gmail a few times, rplied to some texts and listened to music for a good 6+ hours.

I'd say that's not too bad. Batteries tend to get better with time.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Mine started off rocky....but over the last few days its gone pretty well.

My joint's been unplugged for 16h 14m and I'm at 53%. I used a couple apps, checked gmail a few times, rplied to some texts and listened to music for a good 6+ hours.

I'd say that's not too bad. Batteries tend to get better with time.

So you're on stock... no enhancements ..?

My battery life isn't "bad" I think i'm just used to my old phone which was running miui ...I was getting crazy stats off of that

rooting iS fun but i'm trying to stay away from all that..that's why I bought this joint instead of the SG3

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you're on stock... no enhancements ..?

My battery life isn't "bad" I think i'm just used to my old phone which was running miui ...I was getting crazy stats off of that

rooting iS fun but i'm trying to stay away from all that..that's why I bought this joint instead of the SG3
stock.

The Tanzanian Prince

Tanzania Nakupenda Kwa Moyo Wote
Daps
the original Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 just dropped to $299.00 for those interested...im thinking of copping one, will Samsung release an ICS update for it?