BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Brehs, micro usb used to be a headache too. Remember nikkas used to have the fat joints? Usb-c is the future. It's literally just micro usb, but better in every way. Similar to the lightning charger that Apple switched to with the 5, usb-c charges a lot faster than micro usb can. On top of that, on a much smaller scale of convenience (but still :ehh: nonetheless) is that you can insert the charger from either side.

Really I just want it so bad because I know usb-c renders micro usb obsolete. Just like micro usb took over the old fat joints and disc blu ray is taking over dvd, usb-c literally just took the old format and made it better in every way. As history has shown us, whenever there is an improvement made possible by technology, we waste no time adapting to it. Usb-c will be no different. There's a reason we ain't out chea riding horse-driven carriages no more breh.

Hell look what happened with the ipod 5 chargers. In less than 3 years, them flabby ass wide ipod chargers have been completely phased out. However, literally right before that them shyts was everywhere.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention that usb-c also transfers data A LOT quicker. The future, brehs

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
Calling all 6P owners.

So I just noticed today my phone went from 100 % to 90% in 3 hours, no phone usage at all.

Checking the battery usage, I see:

Google App 4%
Android OS 1%
Android System 1%
Phone Idle 1%

I'm on wifi, Play store not auto-updating, Gmail is auto-updating, location turned off.

So yeah, 100% to 90% in 3 hours, no usage. This sound right? Just seemed really odd to see 90% on my phone when I use it for the first time at work. Usually its anywhere between 98-100%.

And what exactly is this Google App that stay using most of the battery when phone ain't in use? :jbhmm:

Al Simmons

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Calling all 6P owners.

So I just noticed today my phone went from 100 % to 90% in 3 hours, no phone usage at all.

Checking the battery usage, I see:

Google App 4%
Android OS 1%
Android System 1%
Phone Idle 1%

I'm on wifi, Play store not auto-updating, Gmail is auto-updating, location turned off.

So yeah, 100% to 90% in 3 hours, no usage. This sound right? Just seemed really odd to see 90% on my phone when I use it for the first time at work. Usually its anywhere between 98-100%.

And what exactly is this Google App that stay using most of the battery when phone ain't in use? :jbhmm:
Google Search/Google now app

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
I've been noticing that my bluetooth signal gets choppy when i press down on the headphone jack area :ohhh: (6P)

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
Google Search/Google now app
I'm not even sure I'm using Google Search/Google Now. Is it possible to disable?

Seems like its the main battery hog, whether in standby or not. When I click it for more info, seems like its using the GPS. I've disabled Location and everything, not sure why it's using GPS.

edit. Enabling the Location was causing the battery drain. I guess I had been toggling it on and off and I needed, but have left it on for a few days.

It's a BIG difference. Losing 10% on 3hrs standby is a LOT! Now its back to normal. Battery back to gawdlike status.

Last edited:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Same boat breh (I got a s5 though). My thing is usb-c (lg g5) vs large battery (s7 edge)

I can't make up my fukkin mind but I need a new phone ASAP. I forever hate Samsung for not putting usb-c in the 7. Watch that be a key feature on the 8 though even though there's no real reason for it not to be in the 7..
i bet it will be on the note 6

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
i bet it will be on the note 6
Yea I think that's why I've decided to just hold out. Sucks I gotta stick with this phone during the entire damn summer (flexing season) though.

The ultimate ether will be when the note 6 doesn't have usb-c either, rendering my painful waiting period completely in vain

:to:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
how do i stop the google app from opening when i plug in headphones?

does the soundcloud app have a repeat function?