Academy wasn't giving Margot the nom
she won in their eyes already
her career gets new life
she was a producer for barbie and saltburn
got 50 mil for barbie
they were like you got enough :russ:
Greta got snubbed
and barbie's taking screenplay :ufdup:

American Fiction is 100% taking Best Adapted Screenplay.

Barbie will only win Best Song

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wouldnt be mad at cooper or murphy winning, they both deserve one at this point. guessing sterling k brown wins supporting

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
DuckTales. This is one of the strongest lineups we've ever had. Would have been even better had Maestro been subbed for something else like iron claw
if bradley cooper wore that ridiculous prosphetic nose and did that goofy oscar campaign crying ''I miss Leonard Bernstein never met him tho'' shyt in front of his family for nothing :mjlol:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Marg was great but I’m honestly not sure she deserved a nom. Gerwig did deserve a nom for directing though.
That dumb ass movie deserves nothing.

f8b.gif

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Barbie has no business being in the Best Picture category but part of me wants to see it win just for the fukkery :dead:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
wouldnt be mad at cooper or murphy winning, they both deserve one at this point. guessing sterling k brown wins supporting

Downey Jr is 100% winning Supporting. Even though Sterling deserves it, the consensus is that its Downey’s “time” and he swept all the precursors including the all important BAFTA and SAG awards.

Sadly, American Fiction’s only W come tomorrow will be Adapted Screenplay. Oppenheimer is literally teflon in every other category except Best Supporting Actress, where Da’vine Joy Randolph is the biggest lock of the night

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Downey Jr is 100% winning Supporting. Even though Sterling deserves it, the consensus is that its Downey’s “time” and he swept all the precursors including the all important BAFTA and SAG awards.

Sadly, American Fiction’s only W come tomorrow will be Adapted Screenplay. Oppenheimer is literally teflon in every other category except Best Supporting Actress, where Da’vine Joy Randolph is the biggest lock of the night
damn, i dont even remember who downey played in oppenheimer :dead:

if hes never won one before, though, :yeshrug: hard to say he hasnt paid his dues

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Just saw all the nominated animation and live shorts. My favorites to win are

Animation Category
  • I’m Hip (USA)
  • Letter to a Pig (France/Israel)
  • Ninety-Five Senses (USA)
  • Our Uniform (Iran)
  • Pachyderme (France)
  • WAR IS OVER! Inspired by the Music of John and Yoko (USA)
  • Wild Summon (UK)
Short Films 2024: LIVE ACTION
  • The After
  • Invincible
  • Knight of Fortune
  • Red, White and Blue
  • The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar

I have a feeling that the academy will give it to The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar because it’s Wes Anderson and a gang of stars (Dev Patel, Ralph Fiennes, Ben Kingsley, and Benedict Cumberbatch) are in it which shouldn’t be a factor but always is.
Saw these yesterday.

Animation Category:
I think Wild Summon will win, but I enjoyed Ninety-Five Senses the most.

Live Action Category:
I think the Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar will win based an the exact same reasons you listed, but I enjoyed Knight of Fortune the most (but these types of short films don't seem to win).

Me and the person I went with were debating whether or not I'm Hip was an actual nominated animation film or just something light to end the night.