Official 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup Thread (August 25 - September 10)

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
he's barely even getting any run for them, alot of these countries haven't kept up their talent pipeline from the mid/late 00s
the countries who at least have kept their pipelines strong

France
Serbia
Canada
Australia
Germany

Everyone else is either falling off or the talent is very fragmented. So now DR got talent, Japan, Bahamas, Montenegro, etc., but they're still developing.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

France
Serbia
Canada
Australia
Germany

Everyone else is either falling off or the talent is very fragmented. So now DR got talent, Japan, Bahamas, Montenegro, etc., but they're still developing.
France's guard/wing play not developing, Hayes and Ntilikina being bums kinda killed them this go around

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
France's guard/wing play not developing, Hayes and Ntilikina being bums kinda killed them this go around
but they still have a pipeline of prospects (they're just not ready for the big time outside of Wemby). Perhaps Coulibaly, Rupert and Cissoko replace Fournier and Batum going forward.

PG does suck for them, but PG sucks for every country not named Canada, Australia and the US

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
No trolling, Bron needs to know what’s good and fall back and be a 3rd option
Bron and the Lakers let Reaves have the ball ALOT in the playoffs in crunch time, and that will only continue. It's not about being a 3rd option, its about letting Reaves have the ball in his hands and Bron play off ball

Reaves has the skills to be a great decision maker, he's shown that his entire time on Team USA so far

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

France
Serbia
Canada
Australia
Germany

Yup even Spain has fallen off a cliff. They still play as a cohesive unit but their best player is a old Rudy Fernandez

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I still can't believe nobody offered Reaves a poison pill max in free agency. Yes, the Lakers would have matched but he's on the best deal in the league by a mile right now. What a bargain.

Giannis could be a free agent while Reaves is due to make $14 million. :heh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I still can't believe nobody offered Reaves a poison pill max in free agency. Yes, the Lakers would have matched but he's on the best deal in the league by a mile right now. What a bargain.

Giannis could be a free agent while Reaves is due to make $14 million. :heh:

His game is silky smooth

I still can’t believe a dude like this was undrafted

Daps
Austin reaves the best player on the team
Some dudes just thrive in the FIBA game, and he's one of them.

It's good because we need more Americans who can deal with the lane clogging and the refs swallowing whistles on very physical play.

On another note, I am looking forward to seeing Jaren Jackson continue to adjust and be a monster in the lane on defense through this tournament. I feel like there's more young guys who are fit for the FIBA game in the pool than there have been for a minute.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Comparing the world baseball classic to this…baseball may have passed up the basketball globally

I don’t really care that 100 million Chinese buy nba jerseys