Official 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup Thread (August 25 - September 10)

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
Really starting to feel like Murray isn't gonna be there for Canada

All the reports were that he was going to join them when they touched down in Spain. They got there yesterday and he wasn't with them. Haven't seen any reports either way about him showing up in the last day or 2 either.

They're playing Spain on Thursday and DR on Friday.

I think best case scenario now maybe that he joins them just before the WC and possibly comes off the bench to limit minutes
I’m surprised he even committed considering the his circumstances. I can’t speak for his knee but personally I wouldn’t push it.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

O3w2.gif

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Cant say its shocking at this point,they dont give a single fukk about international competition....Its a vicious cycle cuz nikkas like Murray/Wiggins always say they want to play in the Olympics but they cant cuz they dont show up to qualify then they will say they arent playing cuz the team never is in the olympics...

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Canada and Spain are playing at 330 today.

Game is free to stream on the link below, but you have to sign up. Sportshub has had quality streams for all the games so far too

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Seems like Argentina's talent pipeline never replenished itself from the early/mid 00s group, these dudes still got Carlos Delfino playing for them

Bahamas might be the new kid on the block to watch out for in the Americas

They have Ayton, Buddy Heild, and Eric Gordon

If they can sneak into a bigger tourney they could do some damage

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Seems like Argentina's talent pipeline never replenished itself from the early/mid 00s group, these dudes still got Carlos Delfino playing for them

That's the difference between the US and everywhere else. The US will always have deep talent pools generation after generation. The peak may not be as high as a Jokic but there will be more players who can balance out these rosters.