Official 2023 FIBA Basketball World Cup Thread (August 25 - September 10)

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
USA should be writing all sorts of thank you notes to Giannis for not playing because I don't see how they can slow bigs down in tourneys like this.

That and the passing is so predictable.
?
They still beating greece with Giannis or not
One guy is not beating team usa

All these other countries got ONE guy that’s a threat ..rest of them are ww2 euro vets

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
USA should be writing all sorts of thank you notes to Giannis for not playing because I don't see how they can slow bigs down in tourneys like this.

That and the passing is so predictable.

Ehh I feel like Giannis never dominates in FIBA like he does in the NBA. Doesn’t have the same spacing and no 3 second rule to make his drives easier

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I've talked slack about USA etc but it's all in good fun. I give props to all these NBA players who are cutting their summer short to play for their country and also entertain us. The travel isn't easy, they don't need the small little pittance they get for suiting up but they do it anyways and you see the passion.

I saw Brunson moved up his wedding to be available for the tourney and that's big. Even guys like bridges didn't even miss a game this year and still.

Shai all NBA and young. Could have easily said screw it and just chill but made the call for his country.

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Really starting to feel like Murray isn't gonna be there for Canada

All the reports were that he was going to join them when they touched down in Spain. They got there yesterday and he wasn't with them. Haven't seen any reports either way about him showing up in the last day or 2 either.

They're playing Spain on Thursday and DR on Friday.

I think best case scenario now maybe that he joins them just before the WC and possibly comes off the bench to limit minutes

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps

All the reports were that he was going to join them when they touched down in Spain. They got there yesterday and he wasn't with them. Haven't seen any reports either way about him showing up in the last day or 2 either.

I think best case scenario now maybe that he joins them just before the WC and possibly comes off the bench to limit minucan't?

He just chip'd, he has the cachet to not be there

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

I think best case scenario now maybe that he joins them just before the WC and possibly comes off the bench to limit minutes

I’ll be upset